Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum Upload Speeds

• 15-01-2010 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

Presently I have an eircom package which I've read can achieve a maximum upload speed of 256kb. Other eircom packages that I looked at were the same. I require a higher bandwidth though to stream my Slingbox, the higher the better really. Do other broadband service providers offer such bandwidth? I'm based in rural Galway.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes they do.
    You will need to look at the individual offerings though it should not be hard to get 1mb up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You can get up to 2mbits up with DSL in Rural Galway but only on recently enabled exchanges and at considerable cost ( €100 a month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Can you get UPC? Their max package upload is 3Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What package are yo on? I'm guessing the 2M/256k, but i thought eircom discontinued that. If your line is capable, you may be able to get 7.6M/768k (or is it 7M/768k, I'm never sure) for a reasonable price, but that may not actually be available to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Maskedgameguru

hello.
    Ya i was wondering too i need 1mb upload but i can't get upc or adsl+2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Check and see if u can get irishbroadband breeze 4mb down/up for 55 a month

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/coveragecheck.php

Or see if you can get Digiweb metro

http://www.digiweb.ie/bbfinder/finder.asp?gclid=CPTZ-Kv-mJECFQppQgod_Uo4OQ

8mb down / 1mb up for 40 euro a month

Advertisement