Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken: Alternitive control settings

Options
  • 15-01-2010 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I meet fewer and fewer people who set their sholder buttons up as per early tekkens (1 or 2, can't remember which)
    L1: LP,LK R1:RP,RK
    L2: LK,RK R2:LP,RP

I have always kept these active thorugh the sequils and use my thumb on the T,S,O,X rather then the "two fingers on the T,S,O,X" method (which has it's own pros and cons I suppose).

In tekken 6, The unsaveable/unloadable/cannot-log-in-User for player two balls up make this really annoying.
    I hate having to pause the first fight and say "hang on till I set the control up"

any tekken users here still use the shoulder buttons? or indeed other odd control settings?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I meet fewer and fewer people who set their sholder buttons up as per early tekkens (1 or 2, can't remember which)
    L1: LP,LK R1:RP,RK
    L2: LK,RK R2:LP,RP

I have always kept these active thorugh the sequils and use my thumb on the T,S,O,X rather then the "two fingers on the T,S,O,X" method (which has it's own pros and cons I suppose).

In tekken 6, The unsaveable/unloadable/cannot-log-in-User for player two balls up make this really annoying.
    I hate having to pause the first fight and say "hang on till I set the control up"

any tekken users here still use the shoulder buttons? or indeed other odd control settings?

I haven't played at home since tag but I never every used shoulder buttons. I'd place the controller on my knee so my right hand was free to position 3 fingers as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

There's really no need for button binding in Tekken tbh. Personally I never bothered with shoulder buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

It's not hard to press two buttons at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try pressing 3 at once then! :pac:

Whenever I play on pad, I go
    L1: LP, R1: RP, L2: LK, R2: RK.

And NOT SAYING ANYTHING, but I find EWGFs are quite consistent with this setup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I'd place the controller on my knee so my right hand was free to position 3 fingers as necessary.
    I've seen that one or twice alright.

It's not really a matter of making two button's easier to press, if that was the case, a person would also need a trigger for LP,RK and RP,LK, then all the combinations of 3 button, and then a trigger for all 4; better just learn to time the hitting of buttons at the same time.

Whenever I play on pad, I go
    L1: LP, R1: RP, L2: LK, R2: RK.
    I can see how that might be very useful in certain circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement