Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm at 6:00 am in Wellpark area?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Anybody else heard that airport like call and alarm in Wellpark close to the G Hotel and Hunstman??
    It was quite loud and rang for about 20 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

i didnt hear it which is qiuet unusually as i normally sleep with one eye open :) but my sister did and she said it was really really loud and there was a womens voice recorded on it reading out a message or something but she couldnt fully hear what she was saying.. sounds interesting!! wish i woke up and heard it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I use to hear that in Mervue alot!..I thought I heard "Please vacate the area"...didn't somebody say before sometimes they test some warning alarm...always thought it was strange that it would go off so late/early.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Exactly, it sounded very 'robotic" and was quite loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Sorry bout that,i had my bentley parked in the huntsman and the wind set the alarm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I heard that driving on eve in ballybane and thought it was odd, there was definetly a recorded womans voice but I couldnt make it out and it was only for a few minutes. Thought i was going mad..

• Advertisement

I heard a mans voice once I think. I thought it might be Gardai...I know there'd be young'ns drinking in alleys around the place. Thought it was please vacate the area, please leave the area immediately. etc.

I don't think it was the Gardai, it sounded very automated and no other voices could be hear. I

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I use to hear that in Mervue alot!..I thought I heard "Please vacate the area"...

So did you?

(The fire alarm went of in my building once. All the other tenants first thought was to contact the landlord to get it turned off. They gave me a funny looks when I suggested we should maybe make there there wasn't a fire first!)

JustMary wrote: »
    So did you?

(The fire alarm went of in my building once. All the other tenants first thought was to contact the landlord to get it turned off. They gave me a funny looks when I suggested we should maybe make there there wasn't a fire first!)

I did eventually yeah!, moved closer into town and am much happier and safer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

It could be the security at the building site for the new shopping centre. Remember seeing it on TV before that they are monitored by a security company based maybe in Dublin and they can sound the alarm and roar a warning at any would-be intruders.

Just a guess now. I live quite close but didn't hear anything but it would take a lot to wake me in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Smiles08

I was driving up College Rd. and it was coming from the Greyhound track!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well I def heard it up Ballybane near Castlepark side last week..rolled down my window to listen but couldn't make it out at all

Smiles08 wrote: »
    I was driving up College Rd. and it was coming from the Greyhound track!

Could be, they have large enough speakers I think...
    Bootcamp for dogs? :D

Advertisement