Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection Service

Options
  • 15-01-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey there. (hope you don't mind me naming the companies mod)Currently have our domestic bins picked up by "Barna Waste" but had a rep call the other night from "WERS waste" who will do the exact same service for €50 less per year. Seems like a great reduction to me...or should I be worried. Sometimes the cheapest option isn't always the best.

What are peoples experiences with WERS. I must say I always got fantastic service from Barna, they are always there come hail, rain or snow. Would hate to change to save 50 clicks and then find there was days when the bin wasn't lifted etc :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Yes the latest WERS charges are pretty good. Their previous pay-by-weight system was a bit of a joke - a bit like getting a quote from an car insurance company, you never know what figure they will come up with in your bill :) But it seems now that they are settling for a flat rate of €149.50 for 6 months. I’ve heard reports of people getting overcharged previously with inaccurate weight readings and double charging etc, so perhaps this is why they are now offering the flat rate which will involve less administration and so less prone to errors!
    They are also bringing in a pay-as-you-use service which might be a good alternative if you don’t put your bin’s out too frequently. The charge is €9.50 per lift for general waste bin and €4.50 per lift for the recycle bin.
    As for collecting bins, I’ve never had a problem with them not turning up. The only issue I have had was with the optional Compost bin – that’s pretty hit or miss – sometimes they collect sometimes not. But general/recycle waste collection is reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

at 149.50 per half year that would make wers more expensive than barna who charge 288 per year if you pay on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dodgyleg

I see wer waste are doing a flat fee of 249 euro for a year which is less than barna I believe - http://www.werswaste.ie/news.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I got their flyer in the door on Friday.

No mention of the brown food/compost bin though. Only the dry recycle and waste bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

dodgyleg wrote: »
    I see wer waste are doing a flat fee of 249 euro for a year which is less than barna I believe - http://www.werswaste.ie/news.htm

Someone mentioned to me that this rate applies from March to the end of the year. This needs to be checked out with the company. May not be as cheap as it initially appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭shnethb

I just signed up to them, I have a 140L non recycle bin and a 240 recycle bin and they are charging me 200 euros to Barna's 270. Seems ok to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

shnethb wrote: »
    I just signed up to them, I have a 140L non recycle bin and a 240 recycle bin and they are charging me 200 euros to Barna's 270. Seems ok to me

Did you have a brown food/compost bin with Barna?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

My father only leaves out the black bin once every 2 months and recycling maybe every 2 weeks so he is going to move to wers but he rang barna waste today and they dropped their price to 200 per year nearly immediately on him saying he was leaving.

So you should ring the 2 companies and negotiate a better deal.

Competition makes life cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭shnethb

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Did you have a brown food/compost bin with Barna?

No not that I saw and the sales man didnt mention anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Spoke to WERS yesterday. I have the 240L Green and 240L Black bins. WERS were giving Jan and Feb free. Pay €100 for March to June and €149 from June to December. Total of €249.

E-mailed Barna to tell them of the offer and see was there anything they could do. They called me a few hours later to say that they would drop from the original price they invoiced me last week which was €348 to €260 Euro.

Can't beat a little healthy competition.... wonder will they give me a rebate for the last few years ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

BW have quoted me 288 for the full year now - charged something like 368 last year. Full size bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

BW have quoted me 288 for the full year now - charged something like 368 last year. 240L size bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Saw the WERS offer and so phoned up Barna Waste to see if they'd match it.
    I currently have the 120L waste bin and 240L recycling bin, but i was going to move to 2 x 240L bins this year anyways.

Barna Waste matched the €249 deal from WERS and are changing my waste bin to a 240L. Happy with that TBH. Apparantly Barna are implementing the Brown composting bin this year also.

got the bill from barna for 288 for the year after christmas.
    i rang wers and they said they can cover any area rural or town for 249 for the year.
    i rang barna and they said they would do it for 220 for the year and id say a good few people are ringing.
    you cant beat a bit of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Im with BW and currently paying e348 for 240L recycle bin and landfill bin. what is this other company charging? What did u guys say in email to BW as I would like to stay with them but at a lower rate of course! any info appreciated, im in loughrea

just ring barna waste and tell them you are getting a cheaper quote from wers waste in tuam.
    they wont be long reducing their rate well belows the wers rate.

Advertisement