Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help -Translate to English?

• 15-01-2010 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can you someone translate the below to me in english as i am not 100% certain on what it says?

Thank you.
    Dia duit Bo. Fuarthas an app nua ar mo ghuthán áit is féidir liom a aistriú stuif. Táim ag scríobh i nGaeilge agus tá tú chun an figiúr sé amach ós rud é go bhfuil sé do dteanga dúchais. Haha chailleann do mhéara pianó agus salach cough

Comments

Google translate gives this
    Hi Bo. Received the new app on my phone where I can transfer stuff. I am writing in Irish and you have to figure it out since it is your native language. Haha miss your fingers dirty piano and cough

Is that close enough?

Chances are it was translated from english via google in the first place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Google translate gives this

Is that close enough?

Chances are it was translated from english via google in the first place ;)

Thats close enough, a few mistakes which i thought. I was searching google so got a few words together and had an idea what it said but still wasn't sure.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

The original english text pobably read:

I received the new application on my phone which enables me to translate text (stuff). As Irish is your native language you have to figure it out.

craoltoir wrote: »
    The original english text pobably read:

I received the new application on my phone which enables me to translate text (stuff). As Irish is your native language you have to figure it out.

Anyone know of any good windows applications that will help with a reply?

Yes i do think its embarassing that i and many others do not speak are native tongue.

thanks for the replys. I might be back again with more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 chopley

Vanbis wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good windows applications that will help with a reply?

Here's a neat web application for you: http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#en|ga|

• Advertisement

chopley wrote: »
    Here's a neat web application for you: http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#en|ga|

Chopley, great little find and its perfect, hours of fun now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The google translate is a good effort as autotranslate goes - but it is liable to come out with some woeful Irish too.

Sure I suppose - if you pick up a few focail nua of your own native language from it, it can only do good! Bain taitneamh as.

Advertisement