Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers keeper denies sex attack, says blackmail is behind allegations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WARNING: Be very careful what you post in this thread.

Any hint of libel will not be tolerated.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

In addition, it is believed approaches have been made to McGregor through a third party - offering to have the allegations dropped in return for a cash payment.
    Whatever happens McGregor's life will probably never be the same again.
    How?

If that bit above is true, than it's highly possible he's being blackmailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whatever happens McGregor's life will probably never be the same again.

Even if it turns out to a load of sh!te :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I saw this the moment it broke and decided not to even think of posting it with this place the way it is :D

There stories are so vague about the allegations I can't see how there's anything to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

How?

If that bit above is true, than it's highly possible he's being blackmailed.

...and that's exactly how I portrayed my post as I think it sounds suspect.
    jaykay74 wrote: »
    Even if it turns out to a load of sh!te :confused:

Absolutely.

Football fans will use anything to slate the opposition, even lies. (Note in case of libel - I'm not saying anyone is telling lies)

• Advertisement

...and that's exactly how I portrayed my post as I think it sounds suspect.

Absolutely.

Football fans will use anything to slate the opposition, even lies.

Hardly life changing though.

You don't think so?

If he is innocent of this he will still be called every sex pest name under the sun, by opposing fans, for the rest of his life. I'd call that life changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You don't think so?

If he is innocent of this he will still be called every sex pest name under the sun, by opposing fans, for the rest of his life. I'd call that life changing.

People get called those names even if they haven't been the subject of an allegation, i.e. Arsene Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sounds like BS
    It is understood the mum-of-two also made allegations against a reality TV star and a second SPL footballer from a club outside the Old Firm.

You don't think so?

No, life changing would be something like his wife leaving him over it (if he is married). The other stuff is background noise that comes with his job unfortunately. Might be more vicious in nature than before but just something he has to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

BobbySands has a point though. In particular, people not interested that much in football will remember the big f*ck off tabloid headlines that ran for a week, but not the apology in the small print on the back pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Robin van Persie and Johnny Evans are two players who I can think of off thetop of my head that have had false allegations thrown at them and have not had a problem in their careers since.

If it is lies and blackmail, while it will be a horrible thing for the guy to go through, I don't see it having a massive affect on him personally or professionally in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I'm surprised these stories havnt appeared before now given "ten burds a night" McGregor's reputation.

I actually agree with Bobbysands on this one however, one way or the other its going to affect him.

Glasgow is a goldfish bowl for Old Firm players, and there is no escaping that fact. If he is found to be innocent of these claims then i very much doubt he will stay in Glasgow for much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Eirebear wrote: »
    I'm surprised these stories havnt appeared before now given "ten burds a night" McGregor's reputation.

I actually agree with Bobbysands on this one however, one way or the other its going to affect him.

Glasgow is a goldfish bowl for Old Firm players, and there is no escaping that fact. If he is found to be innocent of these claims then i very much doubt he will stay in Glasgow for much longer.

Its probably one of the worst things a man can be accused of if he is innocent..... If he is guilty, throw the book at him. Lets just hope the police are given time and space to investigate the incident fully without the glare of the scottish tabloid press.

Brewster wrote: »
    Its probably one of the worst things a man can be accused of if he is innocent..... If he is guilty, throw the book at him. Lets just hope the police are given time and space to investigate the incident fully without the glare of the scottish tabloid press.

I think we can all agree with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

RasTa wrote: »
    Sounds like BS
    From the bit you quoted, you're calling the woman a liar seeing as she made two false allegations before.

It's the "boy who called wolf" all over. If she's made another false allegation, it'll be disproved and she can feck off. However, just because she's made false allegations in the past, it doesn't necessarily mean she's lying this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

This happened when Johnny Evans a couple of seasons back and not surprisingly, when the heat was put on the supposed 'victim' through legal teams, she wilted and admitted she had lied.

What I expected happened in the Evans case is that he slept with her and she was willing, she got clingy scenting the cash of being a WAG, he told her she was just a one night stand, she lost her rag and decided to come up with the rape allegation.

I suspect the above also happened in McGregor's case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

If she's made another false allegation, it'll be disproved and she can feck off. this time.

Here's the thing. She makes an accusation that may or may nor turn out to be false. Assuming the former, and even assuming this is the first time a false allegation is made, as far as I'm concerned, she should be done for some fairly serious time. Not as much as he'd be done for actually sexually assaulting her, but still. A false accusation or sexual assault or rape can tarnish someone's repuation for the rest of their life. There's always a reasonable proportion of society ready to believe (without any proof) that there's no smoke without fire. Fecking off isn't any kind of response to someone making a false allegation.

People who sexually assault or rape some deserves to be hammered when it comes to punishment. But so do those who may try and falsely accuse others of something, just to try and get advantage. It's not just money on the line here.
    What I expected happened in the Evans case is that he slept with her and she was willing, she got clingy scenting the cash of being a WAG, he told her she was just a one night stand, she lost her rag and decided to come up with the rape allegation.

What I'd like is that, if that were the case (and I'm not saying it was, I don't know at all), is that - however unrealistic - is that she gets prosecuted for making false allegations. Of course, how in the hell do you prove that? Of course you rarely can. If ever. So its pointless a lot of the time.

Advertisement