Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any halo lan tournies in Dublin

• 15-01-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

The xbox live centre is gone isn't it? Does anyone do this in dublin anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yes. But I don't know myself. A friend was recently at a SF4 tournament and he said there was some Halo going on. I'll ask him for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

http://www.lanparty.ie/index.php/lpie3?view=Events

"Xbox 360 Competitions

Halo 3 - 4v4 MLG

Halo 3 - Free for all

Fifa 10 - 1v1

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 - 4v4 Search & Destroy

Xbox 360/PS3 Competitions

Street Fighter 4 - 1v1 "

March 5th-7th

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

4 vs 4 MLG???

I suppose its something but would much prefer to play halo 3 as normal rahter then mlg rules whihc cut a lot of the features out.

Would love to go to some propertyl organised tournie with a knockout comp or even set up a league where people could arrange to play online...bungie stats wont lie so it coudl easily be done and fair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

4 vs 4 MLG???

I suppose its something but would much prefer to play halo 3 as normal rahter then mlg rules whihc cut a lot of the features out.

I'm afraid if you're going to enter any tournaments you'll have to get used to MLG rules. They are standard now for practically all proper tournaments.

If you're messing about with your mates online and have your own little tournie set up then you could use whatever rules you wanted but for anything official its MLG.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yes. But I don't know myself. A friend was recently at a SF4 tournament and he said there was some Halo going on. I'll ask him for you.
    The xbox live centre is gone isn't it? Does anyone do this in dublin anymore?

Hey, that's me, I'm the friend! Unfortunately Rob2D was mistaken, the Halo tourney was on in Limerick in a game centre up the road from the train station. However, the SF4 trouneys (run mainly by boardsies) takes place in the Xtreme Gaming Centre just off Jervis street in Dublin. I believe they run tournaments too, so you should definitely call in and ask them if they're doing anything soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 John_McClane

http://www.lanparty.ie/index.php/lpie3?view=Events

"Xbox 360 Competitions

Halo 3 - 4v4 MLG

Halo 3 - Free for all

Fifa 10 - 1v1

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 - 4v4 Search & Destroy

Xbox 360/PS3 Competitions

Street Fighter 4 - 1v1 "

March 5th-7th

Are many people going to this to play Halo 3? With broadband services so poor in Ireland, LAN gaming would be great craic, but it would be a lot of effort to get to Dublin for a weekend and be the only team looking to play Halo 3.

Advertisement