Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Shepard Convent Sundays Well

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone had been up to the Good Sheapard Convent recently? I just wanted to know if you can still get around there like is it all broken down or would it be good for an wonder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

The convent and lands are owned by Frinailla Ltd. The same company which owns the derelict sites on the west of Grand Parade (adjacent to the City Library). It really is appalling how long they have left these sites uncared for and undeveloped.

Some excellent images of the current (sadly dilapidated) state of the Good Shepherds' here:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/mc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh I love that website..

It is such a shame alright that they leave these buildings go so bad..They should stop pouring money into building new ones and think more about restoring the older buildings they are fantastic to look at much better than the elysian or buildings like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We took a drive up to the convent today but unfortunetly we counldnt figure out how to get onto the grounds plenty of time still..My brother was actually telling me that it was him and my dad who done alot of the clearing there after the fire in the laundary building..The building even looks great from a distance, I cant belive even with the loverly story of the little girl that they have this place closed off just left to decay it would be a wonderful place to open up to the public..I am going to try and see perhaps if i can arrange somewhy of getting in there with permisson if needs be would love to see more of it and the graveyard, might try and contact the people who own the land now would anyone perhaps have a ligit reason for wanting to go in probably better if i said there were a few people who wanted to go in for a ligit reason not just to see the place

Advertisement