Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send Report etiquette.

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

I am curious if anyone uses the Preferred Player, Non Preferred player option.
    I assume it prevents you (or reduces the chances) of playing that person again.
    Does it affect only yourself? or do reports affect a players overall online rating?

I have only used it once on a Honda that did nothing but ass slams (in thinking back I wish I hadnt, because then I wont have the chance to figure out how to punish that action)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I never really go near any sort of reporting myself. Even if they send a scrub rage msg to me. I'd only really bother with it if they where persistent in sending me msgs which has never happened.

If I did that with everyone who used a move against me that I didn't know how to counter I'd see a blank menu when I'd go looking for player matches :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nope. The fighting zen way of looking at it is if you take on all comers the reward is you CAN take on all comers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I use it on ragequitters, i like to play my games & have my stats go up, not play a game, and as i'm about to win they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I think I've only used the Avoid Player thing once or twice. It was mainly because the guys were just sitting in a corner throwing jabs and taunting not even resisting when I Soul Sparked em and I kept going up against them. They were just wasting my time.
    Generally people who I get into persistant rage message battles with end up on my friends list XD

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I've never avoided a player ever.....been tempted once or twice, but I've never gone through with it. I checked my own rep and seen that over 60% of my opponents have avoided me . Apparently people consider getting beaten by Vega to be 'cheating'....I've certainly been receiving a record amount of hatemail recently. about 10-20 hatemails a night, on average....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ken B wrote: »
    Apparently people consider getting beaten by Vega to be 'cheating'....I've certainly been receiving a record amount of hatemail recently. about 10-20 hatemails a night, on average....
    Ha, that's actually kind of funny.Out of all the characters in the game, getting beaten by Vega fills me with the most rage too XD
    If I'm beaten by anyone unusual like Gen, it's always 'Man, that guy was unreal for using Gen. Fair dues to him'. For whatever reason, despite Vega being an extremely rare opponent it makes me more liable to pull an Unreal Kid than pay him a compliment when I'm taken down XD

It's probably down to something about him being simply awkward to hit when you're playing. With most dudes you'll be trading hits a lot, even if all your hits are blocked, at least you're connecting and feel like you're fighting. Vega's dodging and wall jumping makes it hard to even touch him if you're unfamilar with the matchup, so it renders you powerless and feels more like the opponent's just taking you apart and playing 'unfairly'.
    I imagine Dhalsim players are disliked for the same reason XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Jumpy wrote: »
    I am curious if anyone uses the Preferred Player, Non Preferred player option.
    I assume it prevents you (or reduces the chances) of playing that person again.
    Does it affect only yourself? or do reports affect a players overall online rating?

I have only used it once on a Honda that did nothing but ass slams (in thinking back I wish I hadnt, because then I wont have the chance to figure out how to punish that action)

It doesn't do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It doesn't do anything

I was thinking that, I'm sure I've played people after blocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

yeah i can't picture a guy I put on a avoided player list not showing on my screen if I'm searching for player matches and he's hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    yeah i can't picture a guy I put on a avoided player list not showing on my screen if I'm searching for player matches and he's hosting.

I never search. I just play a computer match and within about 1 second I get an opponent. As soon as thats over I get another one etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I use the file complaint: system hacking one.

Once some kid was being a massive tard in CoD 4, so after repeated warnings I got most of the lobby to file the same complaint.

His response: my dad has 2 xboxes just in caase one gets banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Because I'm a raging scrub I've avoided loads of people and my rep is awful :p I don't like it to be honest but I have to vent somehow :/

Advertisement