Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

correcting details in licence grant letters

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Has anybody had to correct details in their grant letters and if so what was the process/success

I moved house mid last year so there is a bit of a muddle with the addresses on the extensions and grant letters,

I have always had me licences issued to my parents home address-A

I was renting a house nearby for a while address-B

I moved into my own house locally address-C mid last September

I received an extension to address-A back last August, grand no bother

A couple of weeks later I get another extension letter for the same licence at address-b (even though I never amended my 2008/09 licence, infact the only mention of me at that address was in the register of electors)

I put down my new address (address-C) in the FCA1

Anyways my grant letter eventully found me as it had been sent to address-B and the post office managed to track me down

I want to pay my 80-yo-yos but I figure if I pay it now the licence will be sent to address-B as well.

I have tried contacting the FO at the local station but awaiting a call back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

There is a number for enquires on your grant letter, I'd try them first. Also you could put a request into the post office to redirect your mail and renew for the old address until they reissue a new licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

sfakiaman wrote: »
    There is a number for enquires on your grant letter, I'd try them first. Also you could put a request into the post office to redirect your mail and renew for the old address until they reissue a new licence.
    You can fill out form FCA2 and drop it into your station. It doesn't cost anything and it's purpose is to amend personal details on a certificate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

+1 on what rrpc said. The FCA2 is designed to amend personal and firearm details or to cancel a license. You have 30 days or so (i think) to pay for your license after recieving the grant letter, so get the FCA2 form filled in asap and then pay for your license. The details should be amended with 2 weeks or so. Then when you pay for your license it arrives at the proper address.

Don't delay by waiting for return of phone calls, as they will tell you the same thing.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Paid for my liscenses and recived the minature bit of papers and plastic inserts,only then noticed they had incorrectly spelt my address.Rang "garda helpline" an 1890 number ...Recorded message. Contact your station to sort out the problem..[well DUH!] Contacted Supers office last Fri.Today I get out four Firearms grant notice letters for liscenses already granted,with TWO address spelt correctly and TWO incorrectly..Please dont tell me they want another 320 quid to correct this mess:(.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thats an odd situation there Grizzly. If it had of been 4 replacement licenses as some/alot of us that got the early licenses recieved then i could understand, but 4 grant letters. :confused:

Personally i would bypass the An Post helpline, FPU, et all and go directly to your FO. Show him your licenses then the grant letters. If all info matches up as him to hold, retract whatever the grants. Make sure he doesn't cancel them as it may cancel your licenses. Then use an FCA2 to amend the details of your 2 incorrectly addressed licenses.

Don't know what your FO is like but they are usually the best to approach if for nothing else some advice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement