Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joining a team in Cork

• 15-01-2010 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

I hope this isnt another thread, tired to search for it but found nothing!

Anyways, so im wondering if anyone has any advice on getting into a team sport?!

I used to play hockey and basketball in school, god years ago, and i just find that i miss the team spirit! i play tag during the summer, but wud like to join a team dring the winter!...

I'd play any sport really, so if anyone knows of any easy going teams (of course i do like a bit of competition, but nothing too serious!) that are looking for new team members, let me know!

id appreciate any suggestions anyone might have, oh yeah,the Cork City/Suburbs would be ideal, but team doesnt necessarily have to be there and im a girl,25!!!!

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm I was half thinking of taking up rowing again if you had any interest once it is not on late on tuesdays that is cant miss the housewives. I must call down to Blackrock rowing club and see what they are like. I was with another club before but they were way to competative I only want to do it because I like it not for competitions that would be the only thing..

Other ones I can think of is perhaps if you had any interest in running/jogging. My manfriend was saying there is a group that you can join again around the blackrock area and ye all go jogging together as training and then they have runs on every now and again that you can compeat in..I can get you the details if you would like something like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd also be interested in ideas... did loads of windsurfing when I lived in Galway but find it hard to get the time in Cork. Rowing sounds good actually. Keep active + meet people sort of thing. I won't hijack your thread OP but I'll watch the responses :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Hi all,

Anyways, so im wondering if anyone has any advice on getting into a team sport?!

I used to play hockey and basketball in school, god years ago, and i just find that i miss the team spirit! i play tag during the summer, but wud like to join a team dring the winter!.. course i do like a bit of competition, but nothing too serious!) that are looking for new team members, let me know!

Hi Nothing Witty
    Have you considered Garryduff Sports Centre in Rochestown? Its on a bus route , from the Mall to right outside the Club entrance. Approx 6 ladies teams and the same in mens, social and competitive hockey played.2 artifical pitches, one sand one water. 2 tennis courts. 2 badminton courts. pitch and putt. soccer pitch.... its set on 20 acres. good friendly club, clubhouse bar etc. i have been a member all my life. let me know if you would like to investigate it further. www.garryduff.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

A Team !

Advertisement