Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ducati dealership now on Goatstown Road

• 15-01-2010 12:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was driving down the Goatstown road towards town, and right before that new apartment development "Triblestown", there is a car dealership on the right, used to be Victor Motors / Fort Motors that had just gone out of business a few months ago. It had been lying idle and bare for a while but I noticed a new dealership moved in just recently. Today I saw that The showroom, and outside, there are loads of really nice Ducati's lined up! They had a stunning white 848 which caught my eye as I'm considering one for my next bike in a year or so.

I just did a quick search online and I now see that this is actually Motopoint which was originally up in the western business park, have now relocated there!

I'm delighted as now they are near me instead of other side of the city. Obviously they had to move as their old premises was too big and costly, but glad to see them still alive instead of totally out of business. I had dealt with them a while back with my monster and always found them great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Zascar wrote: »
    I just did a quick search online and I now see that this is actually Motopoint which was originally up in the western business park, have now relocated there!

Yeah, I was just "researching" ideas for a new purchase and noticed the old website was broken. Did a bit of googling and found they had relocated. Will definitely be popping in for a visit.

The old place suited me more location wise, but if it means maintaining a Ducati dealership in the country then I'm all for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Will they be selling secondhand bikes or just new?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm fairly sure it would be both, they had a load of bikes on display, good few outside too. I'm going to pop in on the way home and take a look.

I'm fairly sure it would be both, they had a load of bikes on display, good few outside too. I'm going to pop in on the way home and take a look.

Nice, I like the look of those Monsters :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Nice, I like the look of those Monsters :D

:D
    This is what mine would look like if I cleaned it lol

• Advertisement

:D
    This is what mine would look like if I cleaned it lol

That bike is crying out for a pair of Termis :D

Tell me about it, it looks savage with the carbon high level ones up under the seat. They are seriously expensive though, I looked a lot and they cost an absolute minimum of €1,000 for a set fitted, Termi's are even more expensive but they do not make them for this model any more. It's a lot of money to spend just for a bigger growl.

It's a lot of money to spend just for a bigger growl.

What a growl though :p

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Will they be selling secondhand bikes or just new?

They always did s/h as well as new.

Those 748/998's were so tempting....

It'll be a StreetFighter for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 luvroad

Have dealt with them a few years ago. What a shower of arrogant ponces?

• Advertisement

luvroad wrote: »
    What a shower of arrogant ponces?
    If that's a question, then No, not in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have dealt with them a few years ago. What a shower of arrogant ponces?

Thanks for the valuabe input :rolleyes:

Anymore little outbursts and I'll ask you to take a break for a while.

I always found them extremely friendly and very helpful. The only criticism I hear is that they are expensive, but so all all Duati main dealers. I got some work done to my bike once and the bill was far less than I expected so I was delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 luvroad

Sorry for the outburst folks, but had a bad experience buying a new bike from them a few years ago. Had given a grand deposit and agreed a trade in price for my old bike. There was no discount at the time, even for a straight deal, which didn't bother me, but when I came to collect the new bike I was insulted up to my two eyes after he saw my bike, saying he'd given me too much for it, and basically ran it down. I felt like turning around and going home. I can't understand why he'd agreed to take it in a trade. If he'd said, sorry I can't take it, fair enough. Anyway I'll not return, and hope it doesn't happen anyone else. Also there was a recall to be done on the bike which the dealership themselves never contacted me about. I found this out for myself, and had them carry out the work.
    I apologise again for the blow out, but they boil my blood, I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

Luvroad I am with you on this.
    I have to say I wouldn’t go near them myself. I was looking for a particular bike and they had one advertised. I phoned and was given the details. New chain and sprocket, new tyres, very clean, 6,000 Klm and never crashed. 2006 model.
    When I got there, original chain (I would think), tyres well worn and the bike was very shoddy, the swing arm was well scraped. Than the 6,000 Klm was 16,000 and to make it worse it was the 2005 model. Even the picture was not the bike been sold (different colour), I later found out it was one they had previously sold.
    He tried to tell me the chain and tyres had 500 miles on them, for the mileage the bike was clean. It was registered in 2006 so to him it was a 2006 bike and the picture, well we just put that up.
    They are not for me.

I always found them extremely friendly and very helpful. The only criticism I hear is that they are expensive, but so all all Duati main dealers. I got some work done to my bike once and the bill was far less than I expected so I was delighted :D

Yea I've heard from a few guys that their workshop prices have become a bit more realistic in the last few months alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a Ducati 996,bought new from Ducati Dublin

I went out to Motopoint a few months back and have to say that the service and friendlyness was second to none.

The mechanics are sound and even did some extra work on the bike that I didnt realise needed doing.And they did all the extra work at no extra cost.

Very helpfull too with info and tips for myself on maintaining my 996 to its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Sorry for the outburst folks, but had a bad experience buying a new bike from them a few years ago. Had given a grand deposit and agreed a trade in price for my old bike. There was no discount at the time, even for a straight deal, which didn't bother me, but when I came to collect the new bike I was insulted up to my two eyes after he saw my bike, saying he'd given me too much for it, and basically ran it down. I felt like turning around and going home. I can't understand why he'd agreed to take it in a trade. If he'd said, sorry I can't take it, fair enough. Anyway I'll not return, and hope it doesn't happen anyone else. Also there was a recall to be done on the bike which the dealership themselves never contacted me about. I found this out for myself, and had them carry out the work.
    I apologise again for the blow out, but they boil my blood, I'm sorry.

Sound like *********. Stefan of Scotts had an M900 (is that the name?) but I think he's send that back to Romania. I looked in the shops. Wouldn't touch an Alfa with a bargepole. They might no longer rust, but there has to be a reason for their depreciation. The Moto-Gussi Griso looked nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sound like *********. Stefan of Scotts had an M900 (is that the name?) but I think he's send that back to Romania. I looked in the shops. Wouldn't touch an Alfa with a bargepole. They might no longer rust, but there has to be a reason for their depreciation. The Moto-Gussi Griso looked nice.

I didn't just warn Luvroad for the fun of it and ask him to tone it down for you to make comments like that about the same dealership. I don't mind people sharing their experiences about certain shops or companies but abusing them is not on.

Take a week off.

Advertisement