Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 Bio Ethanol

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello All

I recently purchased a 2008 Volvo S40 1.8F. Has anybody had experience of using bioethanol fuel in this car or any other flexi fuel car? If so, does it affect the performance of the car, and is it an economical alternative to standard unleaded?

Also if I start using it, is it a bad idea to switch between the two in future?

Thanks
    D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You'll get less mileage out of a tank, but I think E85 is cheaper? Have a look in your manual, there should be more info there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

Anan1 wrote: »
    You'll get less mileage out of a tank, but I think E85 is cheaper? Have a look in your manual, there should be more info there.

99.9c/L at my local Maxol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Is Maxol the only garage selling E85?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was given a Bio-fuel S40 yesterday by my boss and filled the tank as I left Ennis(Maxol). I drove to just outside Limerick to Galway and back to Limerick City and could only do another 80 km before the tank was empty.

The only station in Limerick with it were out of it so had to stick in Petrol.

I will easily go through 3-4 tanks per week so my boss is going to regret giving me this car. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

i drove a s40 in sweden, and used the bio in it, it was a 1.8 afair and it was unbeliveably sluggish i thought, the guy in the rental place said if you used petrol the performance is better in them, but in sweden theres a huge difference in price so theres an incentive to use it there

• Advertisement
Advertisement