Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyramid shaped pots??

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I have a couple of miniature apple trees in pots on my patio, given by my parents for my kids when they were born and they love them. However, during strong winds they tend to topple over so I guess they need to be repotted in larger containers but I was wondering if it's possible to get pots which have bases larger than the tops? Seems to me that this would help prevent them toppling over?

I'm no gardener so this may not be suitable/possible at all but I would appreciate any advice on this and where I could get such pots if they exist.

Cheers,
    bobjim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are very unlikely to get containers shaped like your suggestion as it would not be possible to get plants out of them without breaking the pot. Are they in plastic pots? You can get square or cylindrical pots which would probably do the job, but so long as they are big enough and pottery rather than plastic, any pot should be ok. I would use a soil based compost rather than a peat or similar compost, as the soil is heavier and holds moisture better.

Advertisement