Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice urgently needed!

• 15-01-2010 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I have worked in schools for the last ten years and would like to become a qualfied special needs teacher. I have a masters in english and a Ba in pedagogics from my home country Sweden (which is part of the EU). What do I need to do? Can I just go ahead and do a dip if I get a job in a special needs school?

I would be really greatful for some advice.
    Thanks,
    Kese

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ilovecrisps

You can check if your qualifications are recognised by the Department for teaching but really you need to get a B.Ed. or a postgraduate qualification, recognised by the department of education to teach. Contact the colleges of education (Pat's, Mary I, CICE, Marino, Froebel) to get info on their courses. Pat's and Marino also offer a postgrad course which takes 18 months as opposed to the 3 year degree course. Alternatively, contact Hibernia (an online college) for info on their postgrads.
    If you want to get and keep a job in teaching you must have an appropriate qualification.

Advertisement