Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eyelash & eyebrow tint for wedding :)

• 15-01-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

hi guys, i wonder if anyonca can give me a hand :)

i'm getting married in may and want to get my eyelashes & eyebrows dyed for the big day. i'm a redhead with very blond hair in both my lashes & brows and they're barely visible! i know a bit of definition will help me look much better what with all the photos that will be taken on the day.

my problem is that i'm really worried about getting it done - i had it done once years ago in my hometown, i was about 16. i explained that i'd like light brown brows & a slightly darker brown lashes, but despite this i came away with really dark brown eyebrows and black eyelashes! my skin is so pale, it looked really terrible and i was so upset. it faded to much lighter colours after a couple of weeks and was sooo much nicer!! needless to say i haven't gotten it done since.

so now i'm living in dublin and i want to experiment with it soon as the wedding isn't until may & it'd be handy to have it figured out a good bit beforehand.

my question is can any reccommend a salon i can trust to get it right? i'm very nervous about it but would like to give it another try.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I have very light blonde, almost white hair, including my brows and lashes.

The lashes are usually no problem at all, I usually get a blue/black (as I have blue eyes) or black and it lasts just as long as it would with someone with more pigment.

For the brows, I have had a few nightmares, where they left the colour on too long and they were too dark. However, if you ask them to literally just leave the colour on for a very short period of time (a minute or less), not the recommended length, you should be left with a light shade of brown. They can always re-do and leave it for a bit longer if the colour is still too light.

I've had mine done by Elaine, in Bespoke Beauty in Donnybrook, Neelu's in Arnotts and Akina in Temple Bar and found them all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

Hi *eodaoin,

Im a make up artist but i also do tinting, threading, eyelashes and nails. I used to work at a brow bar and now at a ysl make up counter. I also have red hair and blonde eyelashes and brows so i know how you feel!!! If you are interested i'd be more than happy to do a trial with you. I can travel anywhere in Dublin. If you would like to get in contact you can pm me.:)

Sarah

Advertisement