Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Exif Viewer

• 15-01-2010 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

You really need to bookmark this one folks :)

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

If you create a bookmark, and copy & paste this into the location (ie. address) all you have to do is click it when your on a webpage with the image and it will tell you the exif...

javascript:var%20form=document.createElement("form");form.action="http:"+"//regex"+".info/exif.cgi";form.method="get";form.target="exif";var%20O=document.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="b";O.value=3;form.appendChild(O);O=document.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="referer";O.value=document.location;form.appendChild(O);O=null;function%20f1(obj){if(obj.links.length>0){var%20R=/.(jpe?g|nef|raw|tiff)$/i;var%20count=0;var%20url;for(i=0;i<obj.links.length;i++){if(R.test(obj.links[i].href)){count++;url=obj.links[i].href}}if(count==1){var%20O=document.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="url";O.value=url;return%20O;}}return%20null;}function%20f2(obj){if(obj.images.length==1){var%20O=obj.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="url";O.value=obj.images[0].src;return%20O;}return%20null;}function%20f3(obj){if(obj.images.length>=1){var%20img;var%20max=0;for(i=0;i<obj.images.length;i++){size=obj.images[i].width*obj.images[i].height;if(size>max){max=size;img=obj.images[i];}}return%20img;}return%20null;}function%20f4(obj){var%20img=f3(obj);if(img){O=obj.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="url";O.value=img.src;return%20O;}return%20null;}function%20f5(FRAMES){for(var%20fr=0;O==null&&fr<FRAMES.length;fr++){try{var%20O=f1(FRAMES[fr].document);if(O)return%20O;}catch(er){}}var%20max=0;var%20img;for(var%20fr=0;O==null&&fr<FRAMES.length;fr++){try{var%20I=f3(FRAMES.document);if(I&&I.width*I.height>max){img=I;max=I.width*I.height;}}catch(er){}if(img){O=obj.createElement("input");O.type="hidden";O.name="url";O.value=img.src;return%20O;}}return%20null}var%20O=f1(document);if(!O)O=f2(document);if(!O)O=f4(document);if(!O)O=f5(frames);if(O){form.appendChild(O);document.body.appendChild(form);form.submit();}else{alert("Sorry,I%20could%20not%20find%20out%20an%20image%20to%20report%20on");}

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Firefox plugins 4tw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Firefox plugins 4tw...

Leg-end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tallon wrote: »
    You really need to bookmark this one folks :)
    http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Thanks - this is very helpful! I've been looking for an exif viewer that would show me my shutter count so far. First time seeing it... 6,052 for 6 months of use... aren't most cameras meant to give up around 30k - leaving me just 2.5years total at that rate! :eek: Better start getting more selective!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Intriguing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

foto joe wrote: »
    Thanks - this is very helpful! I've been looking for an exif viewer that would show me my shutter count so far. First time seeing it... 6,052 for 6 months of use... aren't most cameras meant to give up around 30k - leaving me just 2.5years total at that rate! :eek: Better start getting more selective!!

except entry level, all nikon cameras are at least rated 150k (including D300)
    a D80 is said to have reached 800k before having to replace shutter

quilmore wrote: »
    except entry level, all nikon cameras are at least rated 150k (including D300)
    a D80 is said to have reached 800k before having to replace shutter

Any idea where I'd get the number for a Nikon D60?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

foto joe wrote: »
    Any idea where I'd get the number for a Nikon D60?

Upload to flickr with full exif and when you look at more properties you will see your shutter count. (I think if its the same as D80 and D700

Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera: 950
    Image optimisation: NORMAL
    Saturation: AUTO
    Image Width: 3872 pixels
    Image Height: 2592 pixels

No it doesn't come up for me in Flickr. The link above give much more exif data than Flickr does.

It's the total shutter releases expected in the life of the camera I'm interested in now really...

Advertisement