Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone with wifi capability...

• 15-01-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

hi, i am looking to get a pay as you go phone with wireless capabaliity...what's the
    cheapest price range we are talking about...would probably prefer nokia, phones..
    but would also consider alternatives...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The nokia 5530 would be cheao enough around 150ish, and it has a touch screen and wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭thebourke

is there anything a bit cheaper than that..other phone types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Avoid the E51 like the plague. Horrible browser
    Nokia 5800 has a decent browser and all round nice phone to use. Just make sure to have the latest firmware as the first lot were reported a bit slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

The cheapest 'walk in and buy' phone is probably the W715 w/Vodafone which is quite nice but not touch screen @ about 170. The 5800 has a decent browser and you can get a free youtube app and such for it; I have it and it's definitely the best allround WiFi phone - e200 new or e50 on upgrade. They go for about 150 second hand, there's one on adverts at the moment.

The e51 is COMPLETE crap for WiFi. The e51/52 are the worst 'smart' phones bar the blackberrys out atm. I'd advise to save up a bit first in any case; sub 100 you just won't get a WiFi phone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

jimi_t wrote: »
    The cheapest 'walk in and buy' phone is probably the W715 w/Vodafone which is quite nice but not touch screen @ about 170. The 5800 has a decent browser and you can get a free youtube app and such for it; I have it and it's definitely the best allround WiFi phone - e200 new or e50 on upgrade. They go for about 150 second hand, there's one on adverts at the moment.

The e51 is COMPLETE crap for WiFi. The e51/52 are the worst 'smart' phones bar the blackberrys out atm. I'd advise to save up a bit first in any case; sub 100 you just won't get a WiFi phone tbh.

what is wrong with e51 and wifi?? I have had one for two years and it is very stable. The netfront is not impressive, but tell me a default browser that is! E52/55/72 have alot of sw bugs as of now, but e51/63/71 are stable, mature phones. Works flawlessly with wifi/sip/voip/hsdpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

nokia e63 is another option i've had for over 3 months now and never had a problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

the e63 is a good option but i dont think it supports hsdpa

Advertisement