Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me write letter !!!

Options
  • 15-01-2010 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

(sorry for my english)

I got my account at AIB bank but i moved to my country and forget to change address. I try call to local branch but they say they need code card to change address and i dont have it. So my last option is write letter to then with my current addres. I think the best would be go to AIB take "form" to change addres and scan it and i could fill it and send to then but im not in Ireland anymore and cant find any sample letter on internet. Can somone help me, get this form from AIB bank or help me write some sample letter? PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

It is not clear from your post if you intend to return to Ireland. If not, then presumably you would like to close your account and have the balance sent to you.

You say you don't have the 'code card'. Is this your ATM or Laser card? If so, I am not sure why you would need this to change your address, although you should report the loss to the bank. The contact details are here:
    http://www.aib.ie/personal/home/AIB-Contact-Points

I agree that the best solution to your main problem would be for you to write to the manager of the branch of AIB where you have the account and explain your situation. With the letter you could send some proof of your old address in Ireland, for example, a utility bill of some sort, and similar evidence of your present address.

The bank's primary concern would be to ensure that only the rightful account holder has access to the account, so they may ask for more than what I have suggested. But at least writing to them should ensure that the matter is dealt with, although it may take one or two more letters after that. I would not be so confident about a phone conversation having the same effect.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You say you don't have the 'code card'. Is this your ATM or Laser card?
    AIB online banking uses a code card for certain transactions. It's just a small card with a list of numbered 4-digit PIN codes. When you perform a transaction it asks you, for example, to type in code 39 from your code card. Once used, that code will not be used again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 subdark

I just need sample letter its so hard to get it? Why? My english is not so good that i dont want do write it alone. When i call AIB they want code from code card to change my adres vide phone. But some lady in AIB help like say i can sen letter to them with my new addres .

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

This should work:

"new address1"
    "new address2"
    "new address3"
    "telephone number"
    The Manager
    AIB Bank
    "name of branch"
    "address of branch"

17th January 2010

Dear Sir/madam,

Re: Bank Account Number - "insert number" - "insert name"-"insert date of birth"
    formerly of: "insert address"

I am writing to you to notify you of a change of address for the above account.

My new address is : "insert address"

All future correspondence should be sent to me at this new address.
    Proof of this new address is enclosed ("attach copy of letter with new address"

Please confirm receipt of this letter and confirm that the change has been made.

Yours sincerely,

"sign your name"
    "Insert Your Name"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 subdark

:):):) thank you :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement