Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damaged clothes still on the rails at full price

• 15-01-2010 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Ok has anyone else noticed that Dunnes customers are a feckin disaster for leaving damaged clothes on the rails, granted I have learned to check everthing there after buying in the past years jeans with burst seams on the hips, a shirt with burst seam under the bust and the same with a dress.

But yesterday was in a hurry and only buying basic €4 euro leggings so did a grab and go, this morning took the tags off and went to put them on only to discover both legs busrt open on each side of the seam above the hem! :mad: :mad: :mad: Stung by Dunnes again!!

Feck sake I mean If I damaged something trying it on (which has never happened) I wouldn't put it back on the rail for someone else to buy, I'd just pop over to customer care with it, granted I'd prob make some excuse but it would save it going back out on the floor!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive seen it in dunnes a few times, but to be fair its not really dunnes fault if people are damaging things and putting them back. its a big shop they cant examine every item of stock on the rails. theyre very good at giving a discount on the damaged stock. i found a savida dress for €15 on the sale rail, it was the last in my size but the material was a bit pulled so i asked if theyd give me anything off it and i got it for €10. & everyone admired it, was such a bargain! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I work in Dunnes. Yeah a lot of the clothes get damaged. The ONLY way staff are going to know (for most faults!) is if the person trying them on tells whoever is on the fitting rooms. Faulty clothes get sent back to the manufacturer eventually (if they're noticed). When you're tidying the floor, you're really not going to notice burst seams, holes at the side etc most of the time. Sure, there is staff error in that the faulty dress with the broken zip is mixed up the non faulty ones and they all go back out on the floor etc- and then there's the fact that removing them from the floor doesn't mean they permanently are- managers will often sift through faulty clothes and put some back out on the floor, and offer discounts when the fault is noticed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Oh no I'm not pointing the blame on Dunnes or the staff, I used to work in Heatons there's no way you'd notice these things when tidying uless it was mad obvious, what I can't understand is why people, the customers insist on putting the damaged clothing back on the rails! It just always happens me in Dunnes cos it's such a large floor area.

And like Sar84 if I do find a fault on items a discount or offer to repair the item is always offered. It isn't the staff at fault it's the customers, people give out these days about rude staff, to me rude customers that put faulty items back is the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Id say a lot of it is people have a fear of being acused of causing the damage (particularly if they did the damage!) im fairly reluctant to point out damaged stock unless i plan on purchasing it tbh. its particularly annoying if youve brought something to the changing room and dont see the problem until you go to try it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Oh God yeah, the people who are wearing loads of fake tan/make-up and decide it's a great day to try on the white dress that came in that morning in 3 sizes...honestly. Or the knitwear people instead of placing it back on the hanger, they fling it over the unit so all the hangers rip holes in it, or better yet, force it onto the bar creating a massive hole. I don't get it. Or the people who say 'I brought this all the way to the changing room and the zip is broken!!' Fairly annoying alright but I didn't break it to spite you...

Yeah maybe if you were in a boutique but people in Dunnes will thank you for pointing it out, not accuse you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Oh God yeah, the people who are wearing loads of fake tan/make-up and decide it's a great day to try on the white dress that came in that morning in 3 sizes...honestly. Or the knitwear people instead of placing it back on the hanger, they fling it over the unit so all the hangers rip holes in it, or better yet, force it onto the bar creating a massive hole. I don't get it. Or the people who say 'I brought this all the way to the changing room and the zip is broken!!' Fairly annoying alright but I didn't break it to spite you...

Yeah maybe if you were in a boutique but people in Dunnes will thank you for pointing it out, not accuse you.

Exactly I don't get it! I used to be delighted when people handed faulty stuff to me instead of putting in on the rail cos

A- It meant we could reduce it and mark as to why it was reduced

& B- I didn't have to deal with an angry customer who bought it unaware of the fault and giving out because it was still on the rail, when they could have quite simply picked it up seconds after the person who damaged it putting it back.

Personally I hate that with people trying on clothes and leaving fake tan or make up stains on them it's pure disrespect in my eyes.

Advertisement