Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on BMW

• 15-01-2010 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

I am looking into buying a 2007/2008 BMW 320d M-Sport but was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to the following:

- Cost (what would you expect the price range to be in and around)
    - Is the 320d M-Sport reliable etc from those who may have one
    - Is it better to bring one down from the North or is the value as good here
    now with the downturn in car sales ?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My advice is to avoid the M Pack, it destroys the ride. The 320d is a very good car, although there are reports of premature electronics failures on earlier ones. I'd be wanting an extendable BMW warranty on it, as if something does go wrong it will be expensive. Get one with service inclusive plus too. Regarding price, you really need to shop around to find the best value.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

in regards to cost, just go onto carzone or donedeal and look at the cheapist one and the most expensive one, thats your search range, but remember those are asking prices, and in Bill Cullens words, theres always room for a haggle!

buy 2008 if possibe for the cheaper road tax, 156e V 614e.
    i dont really understand all the hype about the ride comfort of the M-Sport? maybe its because im younger :P

but my GF's M-Sport is much more comfortable and much better handling than my old SE (Both E90 320d's running 18" BMW Wheels).

get the best speced one you can afford imo and buy on condition, history and spec over mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snapplejacks

my dad has a 320D SE up on donedeal....2007 with only 3800 miles or so....was a hit car (ie damaged repairable, and is now repaired) but now driving like a dream and is like brand new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

my dad has a 320D SE up on donedeal....2007 with only 3800 miles or so....was a hit car (ie damaged repairable, and is now repaired) but now driving like a dream and is like brand new

a 2007 with 3800 miles on it? It must have been off the road for a while was it?

Theta wrote: »
    a 2007 with 3800 miles on it? It must have been off the road for a while was it?

not necessarilly, my mam sold her 2004 E46 318Ci in Dec, it only had 11k on it! Drove every day, just not that far!

although the poster did say it had minor damage so maybe it was sitting up while he saved for the work to be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Anan1 wrote: »
    My advice is to avoid the M Pack, it destroys the ride.

It's really the run flats that ruin the ride - I have replaced them with normal tyres and it makes a huge difference - its no Citroen DS but its liveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

11k in 5 years would be very hard on the engine.

Most wear happens from cold on short runs.

At that rate the car must have only got up to temp about twice in its life.

If the car could it would probably have cried.

11k in 5 years would be very hard on the engine.

Most wear happens from cold on short runs.

At that rate the car must have only got up to temp about twice in its life.

If the car could it would probably have cried.

nope, ran perfect and serviced every time and on time and more than required as such. runs just as good now as it did when she bought it! (we know the new owner and have driven since she sold it)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snapplejacks

yeah, my dad uses his own van for work purposes and it was very much a case of getting the work done as and when the money was there to do it, he was in no rush either due to the recession and very little buying activity anyway.

here it is

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/cars/1044332

Advertisement