Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!! Green hair =(

• 15-01-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have highlighted blond hair, and after the water supply into our house was changed last November my hair turned green. (I think this is because there is alot of iron in the water)
    I went into my usual hairdresser (toni & guy) who said all they could do is a 'cleanse' and only do my highlights on my parting roots. Left disappointed, still with green hair, a bottle of Redken cleansing cream, and have washed my hair else where/with bottled water since.
    Have tried a few suggestions from friends like dissolving 12 disprin tablets in water and then leaving it on my hair for 20 mins.

Two months later and still nothing seems to work :(

Have called the hairdressers since, who say they won't colour it if it is still green, and that even if i dye it a brown you will see the green through it.

All help/suggestions appreciated :confused:

Thanks,

HairFix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

All they have to do is use a red toner. Red cancels out green, it's the colour wheel which any hairdresser should know. Same way that purple cancels out yellowness.

This sounds odd but put some ketchup in your hair for say 20 minutes and see if it helps.

If you dye it brown you need to make sure you get a good reddish brown to cancel out the green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HairFix

Thanks Magenta.
    Sounds a bit yuck but I am willing to try anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Definitely try the ketchup, I have had green hair and it helps. My hairdresser also did a full head of highlights over the green and it wasn't that bad at all so I don't know why you could only have a t-bar! Though maybe it depends on the level of green-ness, mine was more of a green tinge than full on green!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Magenta wrote: »
    This sounds odd but put some ketchup in your hair for say 20 minutes and see if it helps.

This happened to me a few years ago my hair went illuminous green :( and I was told the same, never tried it though. I ended up colouring over it with a semi at home because no hairdressers would for me, this didn't cover the green so I ended up having to let mine just grow out.

If you are going to continue with the highlighting you should get a crystal filter installed into your water system as it will not go away and you will always have that problem. My dad put one in at home after he was out numbered by the 3 ladies in the house :p:D and the difference was amazing, my hair even felt healthier after.

I am amazed that Toni & Guy refused to colour it for you. All they had to do was put a red toner in.
    Having said that I went to them once after botching a bleach job- I had patchy colour. They said they could do nothing with it except dye it brown.
    Went to my local hairdresser and they covered up the patches perfectly.
    It seems to me Toni & Guy only take Mickey Mouse colouring jobs that only involve plonking one colour on your head.

You could try using one of those shampoos made for redheads too. Make sure it's a colour depositing one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Ketchup works! Do it and let us know how you get on. I hate the smell though....

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip599.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

Enii wrote: »
    Ketchup works! Do it and let us know how you get on. I hate the smell though....

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip599.htm

Happened my ex girlfriend before and i can say that the ketchup definetly definetly works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I've heard about ketchup working too!

OP you should take some photos before and after, I'm dying to see how you get on

Advertisement