Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathy Davey - any news?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

The wonderful Cathy Davey appears to have been quiet for a while now. I saw her at an excellent gig in Waterford just before Christmas just over a year ago now, and since then I haven't heard a peep from her in the media, gig listings, etc.

Anyone any idea what she's up to? Please say she's been working on a new album and that it's due for imminent release! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

i heard a while back that she'd given up music completely. but then, more recently again, i heard she had a new album ready to go. who knows. she has no band anymore anyway, they've been redistributed to acts like Jape and Villagers

And one day international is basically her backing band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The band is made up of Gunslingers, just like Lisa Hannigan's and all the rest of the solo artists. I'm betting when Ms. Davey comes a calling they'll all get back together again. They came from the Immediate, Jape, ODI, and countless other bands.

The Album is nearly finished I believe.

one day international are also no more unfortunately, but, you're right, it was mostly the same line-up. they all originally came from gavin glasses band (as studiorat can probably attest to having produced that album). ross has been touring with jape and one day for the past year, cormac has moved onto villagers now and looks happy enough there. think ross is starting with lisa hannigan now too. they're like the default irish session band! actually, must put myself forward if she does infact have album #2 on the way and cant coax those guys back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ODI will be missed, thought musically they were great. It's a pity they were never picked up on... Cracking singer too.

• Advertisement

i dont think ODI are gone. nearly certain i played on the same lineup as them at a ruby sessions show just before christmas. could be wrong though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

iamnothim wrote: »
    one day international are also no more unfortunately, but, you're right, it was mostly the same line-up. they all originally came from gavin glasses band (as studiorat can probably attest to having produced that album). ross has been touring with jape and one day for the past year, cormac has moved onto villagers now and looks happy enough there. think ross is starting with lisa hannigan now too. they're like the default irish session band! actually, must put myself forward if she does infact have album #2 on the way and cant coax those guys back
    i dont think ODI are gone. nearly certain i played on the same lineup as them at a ruby sessions show just before christmas. could be wrong though

puzzled/bemused?:eek:

haha sorry, there's me being stupid. There's actually another band called 'Odi' who arent one day international. I'm an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bren Jacob

:D
    Yeppers, One Day International as apposed to Odi have bit the dust as far as I know!
    haha sorry, there's me being stupid. There's actually another band called 'Odi' who arent one day international. I'm an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Ms Davey is back:

http://www.hotpress.com/Cathy%20Davey/news/Cathy-Davey-announces-tour--album-release-date/6299457.html
    Cathy Davey hits the road in May to coincide with the release of her new album, which is trailed on April 21 by her ‘Little Red’ single.

You can catch the Dubliner in the Town Hall Theatre, Galway (8); Auntie Annie’s, Belfast (9); SET Theatre, Kilkenny (12); Theatre Royal, Waterford (13); Olympia, Dublin (14); Pavilion, Cork (15); and Dolan’s, Limerick (16).

Tickets in the capital are €16 and go on sale on Thursday March 4.

You can download some demos of her new songs here:

http://thetorturegarden.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-birthday-us.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement