Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marydyke Arena opening again?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a better idea when the Marydyke gym will open again and will the pool be in working order....

Just moved back to Cork from Dublin (delighted!) and want to avail of the grad discount.

Thanks........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

and I know the website says mid Feb, but if threre's any inside info - do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Only partially opening in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Will the climbing wall be part of that partial opening?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mid Feb, and it will only partially reopened, I imagine that consists of the upstairs gyms and the changing rooms
    Since Monday 23rd November work mainly involved the cleaning / sanitising of the building; the making of the building safe; the removal of all damaged and non-reparable plant/equipment/fixtures and fittings, the removal of all ground floor doors and the removal of all plaster board walls. This work has progressed at a rapid rate and we now are close to the point of re-instating the entire ground floor from the ‘shell’ that now exists.

Unfortunately Christmas interrupts the progress! However we were always going to have to wait for key plant and equipment to arrive and also we would have to exercise patience in waiting for the building to dry-out prior to re-instatement.

That was up on the site before Christmas, not sure how long it would take to replace the climbing wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I am member of the nearby Kingsley Health Club and I'm still waiting on that to open too. It was supposed to be the 2rd or 3rd week of January but no news yet :(

Been going to Leisure to keep myself going but it's far too busy for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

The real deadline for the Mardyke will be the Exams in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,700 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is the astroturf pitch usable at the moment? Or will that be out of action until the rest of the mardyke opens?

Advertisement