Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An average Dub's view of Limerick

Options
  • 15-01-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Its a nice place..............:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A few more converted and many more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Were you so surprised they

1. enjoyed themselves.

or

2. didn't sustain any wounds while doing so.

That you felt the need to post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Liam79 wrote: »
    Have to admit, Steve was nervous the first night, but after a few he calmed and he ended up wanting us all to call in sick Tuesday and stay another night!
    nice of him to say such good things about Limerick in general but this quote here, wtf???
    One thing having a bit of a laugh about Limerick or thinking there might be alot of gangs around but to be genuinely nervous just because hes in Limerick is a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

ntlbell wrote: »
    Were you so surprised they

1. enjoyed themselves.

or

2. didn't sustain any wounds while doing so.

That you felt the need to post it?

I think he thought it was something nice about Limerick coming from the pale, and wanted to share it. Thanks Liam always good to hear of a jackeen being converted into someone who loves limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah come on guys. Are any of you truly surprised by the wording in the e-mail.

This is a common view of Limerick by Dubs. I just laugh it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Just thought ye might like to hear this.
    My cousin and his mates were down from Dublin last weekend. Stayed with us but went and did their own thing all weekend. They are 5 lads, all from the northside of Dublin, all in their late 20's early 30's.
    Got an email from Dave, my cousin today. In which he said this.

Liamo,

Listen thanks again for having us bud. Had a great time. Will be back, if you will have us again!

.....................Met up with the ladies from the bank! Brilliant night! Brilliant! Limerick people are sound, very like ourselves.

I am outraged

i'm only joking before the sensitvity police get all worked up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I suspect you wrote this letter yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Aidric wrote: »
    I suspect you wrote this letter yourself.

Likewise :D Which way is the creative writing forum? Also do Dubs actually type "youse"? I know they might say it, but type it?

All that letter is missing is the name Anto instead of Dave:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am more amazed at how willing they were to walk so much on a night that was bloody cold. :D

The Bank to the Still house, then on to Mickeys, then down to the "Famous" Sin Bin, and then the whole way up to Donkey Fords for some grub.

Fair play to those lads, as I would have stayed in the first warm pub and not walked the whole way to Donkeys for a chipper. :D

Lazy but in warm pub with drinks, trumps walking in cold from pub to pub for me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I never knew Donkey Fords stayed open late enough for when the night clubs finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bazz26 wrote: »
    I never knew Donkey Fords stayed open late enough for when the night clubs finished.

They dont,close at 10pm afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gilmore

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think when he said on the way home he meant on the way home to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sorry we missed youse on the Monday. Left the key under the plant as you said. Presume you got it!

Where did you say you lived again?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I dont want to be controversial but I think this is a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Something dodge alright about it! The Bank used to be good when it first opened - now its bit of a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

gilmore wrote: »
    I think when he said on the way home he meant on the way home to dublin.

Ah right.

phog wrote: »
    I dont want to be controversial but I think this is a fake.
    agreed, bar the dublin slang touches (Liamo and youse), it looks like an email you'd get from a foreigner you havent met in ages or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Totally fake. What a loser he is for writing it. What a waster. Also, as if the cousin would be getting the names of all the pubs he's in. You just go into any pub in a strange place, you don' be checking the names out. Also sin bin is way off the track- proves its a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also he says that they came down last weekend!

And his cousin says thomond was deadly even though Munster werent even playing in Thomond Park last weekend.

Liam if i am not mistaken, didnt you say you were a huge munster fan?? Poor attempt I must say
    wylo wrote: »
    nice of him to say such good things about Limerick in general but this quote here, wtf???
    One thing having a bit of a laugh about Limerick or thinking there might be alot of gangs around but to be genuinely nervous just because hes in Limerick is a bit nuts.

Yeah totally stupid. Lads I know came down from Dundalk and loved it and didnt feel any need to be nervous

Lay off him lads, all the great writers of our time were a bit unbalanced upstairs.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure this is the same OP who posted here about his wife having a certain job and then a few weeks later admits that he had that job and was ashamed to admit it on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767415

You have an anonymous username OP, no need to be posting fake stories to look impressive
    Nobody cares

:D This is getting funnier every time I check this thread. Maybe the OP should change his username to Walter Mitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm wondering if the text was simply a copy and paste of the email that was received. If it was, why would you need to edit that text? What exactly was the edit?

lol, the more I read the original "email" the more I cringe,I dont know anyone that would write something like that. "Limerick people are the same as ourselves", theyre hardly travelling from mongolia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Mother of god, ye are a suspicious gang! I absolutely did not "write" it, but if it gives ye a laugh, then fair play. Glad ye enjoyed it. Sorry for wasting your time!! Just thought it was a decent email about town with all the negative vibes lately. Anyways....if ye dont believe me, no bad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mother of god, ye are a suspicious gang! I absolutely did not "write" it, but if it gives ye a laugh, then fair play. Glad ye enjoyed it. Sorry for wasting your time!! Just thought it was a decent email about town with all the negative vibes lately. Anyways....if ye dont believe me, no bad. :rolleyes:

Not known for telling the truth around these parts are you though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Fair enough, I will leave it there. Genuinely did not write this, but if ye want to use this as a thread to insult me/have a go then be my guest.

Youd sware i had shot someone.............

Liam out:rolleyes:

Don't deny that either Liam, in fairness we have photographic evidence of you in "action mode":D

http://www.haterhouston.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/footshooting.jpg

Fair enough, I will leave it there. Genuinely did not write this, but if ye want to use this as a thread to insult me/have a go then be my guest.

Liam out:rolleyes:

Hey everyone, I think Liam shot somebody.

The next Limerick forum rumour starts.
    :D

• Advertisement

Ahh Liam, we are just joshing with you a bit, at least I think most of us are anyway.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement