Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not as big as you'd think, Brian Robinson is a pretty good replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Thanks for those updates lads; back in front of the tv for now and heading out for the big one next :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    Not as big as you'd think, Brian Robinson is a pretty good replacement.

No doubt but Edwards is on fire and momentum can be an issue. I would rather the guy already with his head in the game making plays than his backup.

No doubt but Edwards is on fire and momentum can be an issue. I would rather the guy already with his head in the game making plays than his backup.
    Oh I agree for sure, I just meant that they have a serious backup, the guy has been pushing for a starting place and he is an ex Longhorn, I'm sure he would just love to get on the field in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

He just lobbed that ball to leaver as if he was trying to pass it off to him...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

The Cowboys offense reminds me of their loss to Green Bay earlier in the year. Just completely ineffective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Is Roy Williams even playing?

cooker3 wrote: »
    On the couple of times we've got a shot downfield he is well covered, Vikings are able to cover everybody with the DL having a huge game and not needing support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Game over!

Bet ya Nick makes some stupid comment on hoe Condelezza's so is playing great or some rubbish like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

cooker3 wrote: »

He's on the field jsut not playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Say goodnight Gracie. Pure genius Favre and Rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Favre to Rice!!!You think the boys would learn the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Wow some pass. Ball looked like it was going through the air in slow motion. Game over.

Favre and Rice are really tuned in to each other. I don't think there will be any talk of Favre retiring this season, there is no way he is leaving a team like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The NFC championship should be a hell of a contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

eagle eye wrote: »
    Favre and Rice are really tuned in to each other. I don't think there will be any talk of Favre retiring this season, there is no way he is leaving a team like that.
    Unless he wins the superbowl in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Going to touch on something I said about the Cowboys last week: :D
    For me the Cowboys Offense had it easy last night. The Eagles gave them that game on a plate.

I would like to see the Cowboys take on the Vikings or Packers again in the playoffs or even the Saints again before personally I can say they are Bowl contenders.

Wade Phillips seems to be working to his strengths as a coach by fixing that defense. And it is working.

Definitely does make for an interesting run in to the Bowl and the Cowboys have a good shot at it now. But don't count your chickens just yet.

I stood by this for the last week when talking to Cowboys fans and I told them get past the Vikings and you will prove me wrong. The Vikings tonight have showed they can raise their game also and do what was needed to stop the Cowboys in their tracks. Fantastic performance by that D-Line and the Favre Rice connection absolutely on fire.

Going to be a cracking NFC Champ game thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

really enjoying watching the cowboys get their ass handed to them

should be a good battle in the championship game

think Peterson will have to have a bigger game against the Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Minnesota should ko the Saints, 2 good lines and no glaring weaknesses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Really displeased.

One cant ignore the fact that Rice, Peterson and Favre were superb. The Cowboys were poor. No protection for Romo,a nd when loose he didnt use the ball at all. It has already been posted that Roy Williams has been nowhere. I think they may seek to get shut of him this summer.

Anyone else think that was kinda bad form by the Viking?!

talk about sticking two fingers up to the clowboys!

thats just rubbing salt in the wounds lol

surprised the Vikings did that?

Het-Field wrote: »
    Really displeased.

One cant ignore the fact that Rice, Peterson and Favre were superb. The Cowboys were poor. No protection for Romo,a nd when loose he didnt use the ball at all. It has already been posted that Roy Williams has been nowhere. I think they may seek to get shut of him this summer.
    Who would want him like!!!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that was kinda bad form by the Viking?!

if it wasnt the cowboys then i might....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

I LOVE it.
    Always hated the Cowboys.

Go Favre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone who isn't a Cowboys fan must be loving this... so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

kmart6 wrote: »
    Who would want him like!!!

Detroit ?

Minnesota should ko the Saints, 2 good lines and no glaring weaknesses.
    I don't see that happening at all. The Vikings have been poor on the road this season, apart from the win in Green Bay they only beat the Rams, Lions and Browns on the road. They lost to the Bears, Cards, Panthers and Steelers.

A team like that is not going to have it easy in the Superdome. I don't see their line being able to dominate like they did this week either which means that Brees will have targets open downfield. Thats what it will all come down to imo is the battle between the Saints OL and Viks DL, if the Saints are winning that battle and protecting Brees then this game will be over early.

• Advertisement

Het-Field wrote: »
    Detroit ?
    Haha....oh yeah and hand back the ridiculous amount of draft picks!

Advertisement