Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

kmart6 wrote: »
    Haha....oh yeah and hand back the ridiculous amount of draft picks!

I once saw him score two touchdowns in a game ! Surely that would be two more then the Lions got all season ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Het-Field wrote: »
    I once saw him score two touchdowns in a game ! Surely that would be two more then the Lions got all season ?

we both know thats not true :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think there would be too many suitors with his current contract.

kryogen wrote: »
    we both know thats not true :)

I think it was the Giants !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yup...they won 2 games with only FG's and Safeties!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see that happening at all. The Vikings have been poor on the road this season, apart from the win in Green Bay they only beat the Rams, Lions and Browns on the road. They lost to the Bears, Cards, Panthers and Steelers.

A team like that is not going to have it easy in the Superdome. I don't see their line being able to dominate like they did this week either which means that Brees will have targets open downfield. Thats what it will all come down to imo is the battle between the Saints OL and Viks DL, if the Saints are winning that battle and protecting Brees then this game will be over early.

I would agree with this.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yup...they won 2 games with only FG's and Safeties!

It wouldnt suprise me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Anyone else think the Jets can win?

Hurts me to say it as a Pats fan and I don't want them to win but I do. Its all about Pressure. If they pressure Rivers and get to him and force San Diego to run the ball with that mediocre running game the Jets can win this.

not really!

id be shocked tbh

i guess if the Chargers cant stop the run they could win, but if they have to rely on Sanchez making plays then no chance imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No chance of a Jets win imo, they will not be able to shut down Rivers. I see this being very one sided, I think the Chargers win by at least 11 and I expect them to win it by a lot more maybe 24.

I would agree with this.[/QU It could go that way for sure, but Minnesota have won 2 straight divison titles, have Jared Allen and the 2 Williams lads to keep Breese honest and plenty of offense, The Saints are the form team this year but Minnesota have lots of ability.

I would agree with this.
    It could go that way for sure, but Minnesota have won 2 straight divison titles, have Jared Allen and the 2 Williams lads to keep Breese honest and plenty of offense, The Saints are the form team this year but Minnesota have lots of ability.

It will go down to whether or not the Vikes can get the right pressure on Brees without leaving too many gaps in their secondary for Brees to exploit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

i think the chargers will come out on top. Especially if they go ahead early. If the jets have to play from behind which i think they will. i can see sanchez making some mistakes and throwing an interception or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I hope the Jets don't win as I want a colts chargers AFC championship game. We need some good match-ups because so far 6 out of 7 games have not delivered.

jesus thats an awful miss

no excuse

kryogen wrote: »
    jesus thats an awful miss

no excuse

Shocking from Kaeding. Been solid all season long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

so kaeding's streak comes to an end. Got so used to him being a sure thing that i was already beginning to type 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

As solid as they come in the regular season, has missed some big ones in the playoffs though

Shocking from Kaeding. Been solid all season long.

amazing isnt it! he was so reliable during the regular season

• Advertisement

I claim responsibility for crowing Rackers and Kaeding, cant find the post but I was slating Shayne Graham last week and named those 2 as the most reliable kickers of the playoffs !

Chargers are hurting themselves here

Wow now that is a rookie mistake by Sanchez. He should have known he couldn't do what he just did.

What will we do on february 8th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

This game hasn't really got going yet

poor play calling there

the D was all up to stop the run!

jesus christ, how many penalties have they given away already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm mildly amused at how the ref says "false start"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Chargers need to cut down on the number of penalties. They are looking like the Packers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Great one handed catch by Gates.

Advertisement