Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

great catch by Gates, need to ram this home now

Boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Gates having a big game so far

Finally the Chargers score, if they get more than 1 score ahead I cannot see how the Jets would get back into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Gates is a monster. He's flipping huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

so many options for the chargers. Cover gates and jackson and there are still 3 more 6 ft plus targets to aim for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

TD chargers.

The jets really can't afford to let a deficit build up as I simply don't see Sanchez winning it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'm mildly amused at how the ref says "false start"

Sounds a bit like he should be in the Waterboy alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

so many options for the chargers. Cover gates and jackson and there are still 3 more 6 ft plus targets to aim for.

Nah that was bad play calling on the defensive side. They over committed with that blitz and left far too many men for the secondary to cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

On the run of play that was only a matter of time, Jersey B (in the words of Gregg Easterbrook) need some offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

Darelle, welcome to rivers island!!:D

*I know it wasnt his fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sounds a bit like he should be in the Waterboy alright
    It also reminded me of your one in Forrest Gump

Nah that was bad play calling on the defensive side. They over committed with that blitz and left far too many men for the secondary to cover.

I'm talking bout in general. They've had their td's well spread around all season long.

That's a hell of a crowd noise considering they are not playing in a dome.

I'm talking bout in general. They've had their td's well spread around all season long.

Yup I re-read what you wrote and realised I read you wrong the first time my bad.

Hell of a play by Leonard!

edit: or not

what the hell was that?

kryogen wrote: »
    what the hell was that?

I missed it damn was moving the car. But from the replays am I right in saying the refs called it a catch and a fumble on the field?

That means in the review the ref felt he had overwhelming evidence to say that the WR didn't have full control of the ball when hit making it an incomplete pass.

Edit: But looking at it again I don't know I think they got it wrong. How they were able to over turn the call on the field is beyond me especially with over whelming evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Worst call there. Have no idea how hating the ball for two steps and then being hit can mean not hating possession is am incomplete pass

I missed it damn was moving the car. But from the replays am I right in saying the refs called it a catch and a fumble on the field?

That means in the review the ref felt he had overwhelming evidence to say that the WR didn't have full control of the ball when hit making it an incomplete pass.

Edit: But looking at it again I don't know I think they got it wrong. How they were able to over turn the call on the field is beyond me especially with over whelming evidence.

cant understand how it got overturned myself

Yup I re-read what you wrote and realised I read you wrong the first time my bad.

Almost 5 hours of us watching football. Reading is probably a struggle for us all at this stage:D

• Advertisement

gerire wrote: »
    Worst call there. Have no idea how hating the ball for two steps and then being hit can mean not hating possession is am incomplete pass

Just listening to the commentary there the refs are saying when the WR had put his two feet on the ground he didn't have them down long enough so they deemed it incomplete. Madness.

Almost 5 hours of us watching football. Reading is probably a struggle for us all at this stage:D

Throw beer on top of that and its all going Pete Tong. :D

right im offline for a while

enjoy the game gents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

San Diego will run up the score in the 2nd half, no problem.

Watched Favre earlier (had no PC to comment here) but my God, that man is a Legend. A pure icon. unbelieveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just have a feeling we are going to see a scoring drive before halftime.

why did the jets spike the ball? I'm glad anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

God they were being very optimistic with a 57 yarder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow a real defensive win for both teams in the first half. Revis is just immense, as much as I hate to say it I do think he should have got defensive player of the year.

I thought once the Chargers got their first td they would rip them apart but the Jets have done well. I still can't see them holding the Chargers to 7 points in the second half though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

davyjose wrote: »
    San Diego will run up the score in the 2nd half, no problem. Watched Favre earlier (had no PC to comment here) but my God, that man is a Legend. A pure icon. unbelieveable.[/QU Congrats Colts, davyjose, but I disagree about the bolts, jets still there. Agree with Favre summary though, but he always throws it like a bullet. Elway was the same and he is a great also, it is not a critisism just an observation.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    San Diego will run up the score in the 2nd half, no problem. Watched Favre earlier (had no PC to comment here) but my God, that man is a Legend. A pure icon. unbelieveable.
    Congrats Colts, davyjose, but I disagree about the bolts, jets still there. Agree with Favre summary though, but he always throws it like a bullet. Elway was the same and he is a great also, it is not a critisism just an observation.

Dude whats going on with your posts when you quote someone? Very hard to read your posts at times.

Jets need to score here to stay in the game in my opinion.

Advertisement