Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In fairness though Davy nobody likes to see a QB get hit like that when he doesn't have the ball, especially a legend with the fairytale story of Kurt Warner. Horrible to see him go out of the game like that, I just hope he is ok and can come back next year and give it one more go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    In fairness though Davy nobody likes to see a QB get hit like that when he doesn't have the ball, especially a legend with the fairytale story of Kurt Warner. Horrible to see him go out of the game like that, I just hope he is ok and can come back next year and give it one more go.

I do. Especially if it was a legal block. And he isn't out of the game yet. He went in for scans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I do. Especially if it was a legal block. And he isn't out of the game yet. He went in for scans.

Fcukin coaches :rolleyes:

:D

Well if you do you do, it was some hit. I'm just saying that I hate to see a QB get hit so hard that he is taken out of the game when he doesn't have the ball unless of course it was Sanchise :D. If he has the ball at the time, thats a whole different story.

You all say Tebow's not NFL ready? Tebow would have taken that hit, stayed on his feet, eaten the guy, and scored. :p

Well if you do you do, it was some hit. I'm just saying that I hate to see a QB get hit so hard that he is taken out of the game when he doesn't have the ball unless of course it was Sanchise :D. If he has the ball at the time, thats a whole different story.

But ok my final words on this. If on offense he gets hit without the ball I would say fair enough. But put a WR in instead of Warner. Is it now such a bad hit? See what Im saying. I guarantee to you Warner wont give out about it afterward. That is fair enough if you don't like to see it but do remember he became a defender and defenders are open to blocks.

But ok my final words on this. If on offense he gets hit without the ball I would say fair enough. But put a WR in instead of Warner. Is it now such a bad hit? See what Im saying. I guarantee to you Warner wont give out about it afterward. That is fair enough if you don't like to see it but do remember he became a defender and defenders are open to blocks.
    Oh I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying I don't like to see a QB get hurt that way. There is nothing wrong at all with the hit and there can be no complaints from anybody over it.

I'm just saying I hate to see a QB get taken out of the game that way, especially a guy in possibly his last game.

Glad to see he is back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

FFS 5 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter and no scores :D

Hines Ward took a little bit of stick on Keith Rivers last season. And HE was the WR, hitting a Linebacker.

Oh I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying I don't like to see a QB get hurt that way. There is nothing wrong at all with the hit and there can be no complaints from anybody over it.

I'm just saying I hate to see a QB get taken out of the game that way, especially a guy in possibly his last game.

Glad to see he is back in.

+1

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Hines Ward took a little bit of stick on Keith Rivers last season. And HE was the WR, hitting a Linebacker.

No you missed my point completely. Ward was blocking for another Offensive player and it was quite legal.

In this instance it was a defensive player blocking what was an offensive player.

But what I was getting at take Warner out and insert a WR. Would you guys have the same feeling of hate to see that type of hit attitude etc etc etc if it was a WR who was cleaned out.

Anyway im done on this to me it was a perfect hit and if Warner comes out and complains about it which I know he wont he would be a pussy in my eyes. It is Football after all and he put himself in a position to get hit. Fook me people have gone too fooking soft.

No you missed my point completely. Ward was blocking for another Offensive player and it was quite legal.

In this instance it was a defensive player blocking what was an offensive player.

But what I was getting at take Warner out and insert a WR. Would you guys have the same feeling of hate to see that type of hit attitude etc etc etc if it was a WR who was cleaned out.
    I have no hate for that type of hit attitude under any circumstance.

I'm talking in the aftermath, I don't like to see that somebody is badly enough injured to be taken out of the game, thats all.

Anyway im done on this to me it was a perfect hit and if Warner comes out and complains about it which I know he wont he would be a pussy in my eyes. It is Football after all and he put himself in a position to get hit. Fook me people have gone too fooking soft.

Ah dude, I'm not having a go. My point about Ward was, it was a legal hit, but people were still questioning "was it necessary to break the guys jaw?".

Anyway, like I said, we've the Colts to come - don't argue eagle eye just yet. He's only warming up :D:D:D

(and I admitted I was too soft) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

FFS 5 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter and no scores :D

That is better :)

Ah dude, I'm not having a go. My point about Ward was, it was a legal hit, but people were still questioning "was it necessary to break the guys jaw?".

Anyway, like I said, we've the Colts to come - don't argue eagle eye just yet. He's only warming up :D:D:D

(and I admitted I was too soft) ;)

Yeah and those people who gave out should go and watch tiddlywinks or something.

Oh and this game is done.

Wow Reggie Bush certainly has it dialled up for the playoffs. Beat one tackle and he is gone. Wow.

Yeah and those people who gave out should go and watch tiddlywinks or something.
    i lost an eye playing tiddlywinks - extreme tiddlywinks

don't knock it :D

I reckon tonight could be the rebirth of Bush. His pace on that TD was Usain Bolt lookin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Bush has been superb.

The Saints are really showboating. Its been close enough the complete performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bush has been very impressive

you gotta give Warner serious credit, the man is a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

there was talk of bush being the x factor in this game. That was a good call

I think we might have seen the last of Kurt Warner tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I think we might have seen the last of Kurt Warner tonight :(
    It's hard to tell. He'll think about it, but he's just too damn competitive to hang up his boots right now. If he still feels healthy enough to keep going, he will.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It's hard to tell. He'll think about it, but he's just too damn competitive to hang up his boots right now. If he still feels healthy enough to keep going, he will.

He mightn't feel fit enough. He questioned things after Boldins big injury, he missed games because of injury during the season, and he took a major hit tonight.

Who knows?

Man Utd fan since I was 5; born and raised in Leinster, and a huge fan of Rugby. Two European finals in May. And yet I haven't been this nervous, or excited, in a long, long time
    This truly is an incredible sport.

GO COLTS!!!!!

• Advertisement

That throw was WD-40 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Let's go Ravens :D

I was watching the line on Indy's first drive there, Saturday and De Van were double teaming Ngata who was lining up on the left side of the DL. I think the Ravens see De Van as a weakness to work on.

I was watching the line on Indy's first drive there, Saturday and De Van were double teaming Ngata who was lining up on the left side of the DL. I think the Ravens see De Van as a weakness to work on.

Perhaps. Flacco's started well. Don't know if my heart can take this :(

Bethea should have had that one there, should be 10-0 to the Colts there.

• Advertisement

Bethea should have had that one there, should be 10-0 to the Colts there.

Tell me about it. In fairness that was a nice drive by Baltimore. Flacco looks much better than against you guys, after just 1 drive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Both teams looking even enough though Flacco got lucky there. LeRon should have caught that short pass.

This is going to be an interesting one...

Perhaps. Flacco's started well. Don't know if my heart can take this :(
    Hehe, you have been hyped for this one all day based on your posts during the early part of the Saints/Cards game. Its going to be a cracker by the looks of things anyways.
    While Bethea should have had that one, it was still a good stop there for the Colts D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I'm feeling pretty anxious about this one tbh from a Colts perspective, the more we put the ball in Flaccos hands and not Rice's the better!,

Lets hope they ease mine and davyjose's nerves before this quarters out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If Bethea had held onto that woulda def been a pick 6!:(

That series hasn't helped my nerves!

Hehe, you have been hyped for this one all day based on your posts during the early part of the Saints/Cards game. Its going to be a cracker by the looks of things anyways.
    While Bethea should have had that one, it was still a good stop there for the Colts D.

Ha ha, I have. Dude, I have a lot of belief in the team, but we can't afford to lose today. It would hurt too much. I think the nerves know that :D

Not exactly fluid football by the Colts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

At this hour of the night i don't need a back and forth defensive battle. It's bad for my coffee supply.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Not exactly fluid football by the Colts!

They look rusty. It's got a similar sheen to the last two Play-off games tbh. A lot depends on this drive by Baltimore - Colts won't miss all night.

I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Both Colts and Ravens now looking shaky. Chris Carr stepping up well but Peyton looks like he's gonna start finding bigger and bigger gaps.

Hopefully see some more consistent running from Rice though I suppose Flacco wants to spread them out early.

At this hour of the night i don't need a back and forth defensive battle. It's bad for my coffee supply.
    You can have some of my adrenaline/fear...

...free of charge.

YES SACK!!!

Gary Brackett gettin' his!!:D

They look rusty. It's got a similar sheen to the last two Play-off games tbh. A lot depends on this drive by Baltimore - Colts won't miss all night.

I hope
    Shhh don't say that!

Fairly even stats so far! Nice play there by the Colts D!

I'd really love to see kick/punt returns without penalties at some stage:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Reggius… Dominus… Cheesy Poofs…

Great hands by Wayne:D

Well you are looking at the wrong game so, they had a dour 17-15 defensive battle during the regular season, this looks very similar.

Now that's just sloppy clock management!!

• Advertisement

These extremely tough catches being by the Colts receivers despite great coverage have got to be frustrating for the Ravens DB's, i know they sure would be for me anyway

Advertisement