Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Gisty

davyjose wrote: »
    I suppose you're right. but tbh, I don't really think Warner was switched on. He kinda jogged in the general direction of the ball-carrier. I don't actually think he was too sure what to do.
    It wasn't a cheap shot, but to me it looked like an opportunity to take out the oppositions main threat.

Then why not do it? Its a perfectly legal way for utterly crucify the other team's QB. That D-Lineman would have been eaten alive on the sideline if he had thrown a half assed block there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

and i think that td just broke the record for combined points in a playoff first half

At the start of the game the over/under for points for the match was 56.5 points, maybe they meant it for just the first half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

He plays Pro Football and knows that the minute he becomes a defender after an INT or fumble he is fair game. Especially if he is standing in the area were the ball is moving.

i know, I know. I'm being soft here, I know. But jesus he probably ended the guy's career - a Super bowl MVP. On a hit that would have been just as effective if made a tenth as viciously, at a point in the game that had pretty much given NO total control.

I don't blame the guy, he's trained his whole life to make those hits. You can't switch off - mentally or physically.... but, jesus.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

i know, I know. I'm being soft here, I know. But jesus he probably ended the guy's career - a Super bowl MVP. On a hit that would have been just as effective if made a tenth as viciously, at a point in the game that had pretty much given NO total control.

I don't blame the guy, he's trained his whole life to make those hits. You can't switch off - mentally or physically.... but, jesus.... :eek:

The joys of playing a Contact sport at its highest level. As a coach if I saw a man unblocked on a return I would eat the head off the players standing around him. Warner should have stayed away from the play and I guarantee you he wont complain about the hit. He knows it was perfectly legal and that should expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Gisty

Its football, not a tickling contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Baaaaaaaaaad timeout call:D

Edit: not so bad after all.

You know what, you guys are right. It was a perfectly legal hit. I'm just a bit gutted. Kurt Warner is a big boy, and a professional, athlete to boot. He knows the rules. It's hard and cruel, but that's what he's (well) paid for.

Apologies lads.

Thought that might turn into the first row of the night, but I'm sure we'll find something better to fight over - eagle eye is here, and the Colts are up next :D

I don't recall that particular one dude. What game was it in?
    Here ya go, any chance to watch it again is good for me.:)
    This is actually great, watch the first one and then a super slowmo version of it afterwards and see just how well sold it was.

Gisty wrote: »
    Its football, not a tickling contest.

i think that's my problem. i see a INT get overruled because the Defender barely drapes his fingers over Warners helmet. Then i see the same (slightly stunned) QB get hit by a car, and every one claps their hands. I guess i find it hard to balance that out.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Here ya go, any chance to watch it again is good for me.:)
    This is actually great, watch the first one and then a super slowmo version of it afterwards and see just how well sold it was.
    I remembered it right before I watched it. Yeah, some smashing plays. Brady really seems to enjoy making plays like that. He's a slick player.

• Advertisement

In fairness though Davy nobody likes to see a QB get hit like that when he doesn't have the ball, especially a legend with the fairytale story of Kurt Warner. Horrible to see him go out of the game like that, I just hope he is ok and can come back next year and give it one more go.

In fairness though Davy nobody likes to see a QB get hit like that when he doesn't have the ball, especially a legend with the fairytale story of Kurt Warner. Horrible to see him go out of the game like that, I just hope he is ok and can come back next year and give it one more go.

I do. Especially if it was a legal block. And he isn't out of the game yet. He went in for scans.

I do. Especially if it was a legal block. And he isn't out of the game yet. He went in for scans.

Fcukin coaches :rolleyes:

:D

Well if you do you do, it was some hit. I'm just saying that I hate to see a QB get hit so hard that he is taken out of the game when he doesn't have the ball unless of course it was Sanchise :D. If he has the ball at the time, thats a whole different story.

You all say Tebow's not NFL ready? Tebow would have taken that hit, stayed on his feet, eaten the guy, and scored. :p

Well if you do you do, it was some hit. I'm just saying that I hate to see a QB get hit so hard that he is taken out of the game when he doesn't have the ball unless of course it was Sanchise :D. If he has the ball at the time, thats a whole different story.

But ok my final words on this. If on offense he gets hit without the ball I would say fair enough. But put a WR in instead of Warner. Is it now such a bad hit? See what Im saying. I guarantee to you Warner wont give out about it afterward. That is fair enough if you don't like to see it but do remember he became a defender and defenders are open to blocks.

But ok my final words on this. If on offense he gets hit without the ball I would say fair enough. But put a WR in instead of Warner. Is it now such a bad hit? See what Im saying. I guarantee to you Warner wont give out about it afterward. That is fair enough if you don't like to see it but do remember he became a defender and defenders are open to blocks.
    Oh I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying I don't like to see a QB get hurt that way. There is nothing wrong at all with the hit and there can be no complaints from anybody over it.

I'm just saying I hate to see a QB get taken out of the game that way, especially a guy in possibly his last game.

Glad to see he is back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

FFS 5 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter and no scores :D

Hines Ward took a little bit of stick on Keith Rivers last season. And HE was the WR, hitting a Linebacker.

Oh I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying I don't like to see a QB get hurt that way. There is nothing wrong at all with the hit and there can be no complaints from anybody over it.

I'm just saying I hate to see a QB get taken out of the game that way, especially a guy in possibly his last game.

Glad to see he is back in.

+1

• Advertisement

Hines Ward took a little bit of stick on Keith Rivers last season. And HE was the WR, hitting a Linebacker.

No you missed my point completely. Ward was blocking for another Offensive player and it was quite legal.

In this instance it was a defensive player blocking what was an offensive player.

But what I was getting at take Warner out and insert a WR. Would you guys have the same feeling of hate to see that type of hit attitude etc etc etc if it was a WR who was cleaned out.

Anyway im done on this to me it was a perfect hit and if Warner comes out and complains about it which I know he wont he would be a pussy in my eyes. It is Football after all and he put himself in a position to get hit. Fook me people have gone too fooking soft.

No you missed my point completely. Ward was blocking for another Offensive player and it was quite legal.

In this instance it was a defensive player blocking what was an offensive player.

But what I was getting at take Warner out and insert a WR. Would you guys have the same feeling of hate to see that type of hit attitude etc etc etc if it was a WR who was cleaned out.
    I have no hate for that type of hit attitude under any circumstance.

I'm talking in the aftermath, I don't like to see that somebody is badly enough injured to be taken out of the game, thats all.

Anyway im done on this to me it was a perfect hit and if Warner comes out and complains about it which I know he wont he would be a pussy in my eyes. It is Football after all and he put himself in a position to get hit. Fook me people have gone too fooking soft.

Ah dude, I'm not having a go. My point about Ward was, it was a legal hit, but people were still questioning "was it necessary to break the guys jaw?".

Anyway, like I said, we've the Colts to come - don't argue eagle eye just yet. He's only warming up :D:D:D

(and I admitted I was too soft) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

FFS 5 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter and no scores :D

That is better :)

Ah dude, I'm not having a go. My point about Ward was, it was a legal hit, but people were still questioning "was it necessary to break the guys jaw?".

Anyway, like I said, we've the Colts to come - don't argue eagle eye just yet. He's only warming up :D:D:D

(and I admitted I was too soft) ;)

Yeah and those people who gave out should go and watch tiddlywinks or something.

Oh and this game is done.

Wow Reggie Bush certainly has it dialled up for the playoffs. Beat one tackle and he is gone. Wow.

Yeah and those people who gave out should go and watch tiddlywinks or something.
    i lost an eye playing tiddlywinks - extreme tiddlywinks

don't knock it :D

I reckon tonight could be the rebirth of Bush. His pace on that TD was Usain Bolt lookin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Bush has been superb.

The Saints are really showboating. Its been close enough the complete performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bush has been very impressive

you gotta give Warner serious credit, the man is a legend

Advertisement