Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fair balls, gotta hand it to Peyton, as it was him alone who made that call, that was a great play

Haven't you heard? He's not clutch ... :Dx1,000,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Good stuff. That's a huge score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well, that should be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

"For those of you that love this game and have any sense of history at all, appreciate what your watching every time you get the opportunity to watch Peyton Manning play the position of Quarterback"

Couldn't have put it better myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well thats an example of what I was talking about with the Ravens, shooting themselves in the foot. They've done it twice in the first half on offense, their first drive and right at the end of the half on defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Defo not over. Uphill battle for the ravens alright particularily with Manning looking as sharp as he is. Ravens have played great 2nd Half football all year and have made some fantastic comeback. I'm keeping the Vikes game in mind here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Kevin looks tired, eh?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well thats an example of what I was talking about with the Ravens, shooting themselves in the foot. They've done it twice in the first half on offense, their first drive and right at the end of the half on defense.

To be fair, we didn't start that well - first 2 drives got us 3 points. Very impressed with how we stepped up. We have so far out-willed the Ravens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You jumped the gun completely when the Ravens still have the ball...so you told me nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Very aggresive play calling from Manning and the Colts, earning a nice TD.

At the moment I can't see any way back for the Ravens. Flacco has struggled, he started well but the Colts quickly shut down his targets whenever the Ravens' were on the offense, and Rice has been kept very much under wraps thus far.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Kevin looks tired, eh?
    Forgetting the score and everything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

davyjose wrote: »
    To be fair, we didn't start that well - first 2 drives got us 3 points. Very impressed with how we stepped up. We have so far out-willed the Ravens.
    I'm not taking anything away from the Colts at all by saying that about the Ravens.

Let me explain, the Ravens go all the way down the field on their first drive with mainly run plays, they must have been averaging 5+ yards per run at that stage. They get 1st and goal at the 8 and what do they do? Run, pass, pass, I mean like wtf are they at, they are very likely to get a td from there keeping it on the ground instead of putting it in Flacco's hands.

At the end of the half all the penalties were huge, they not only give up yardage but stopped the clock three times as well.

Now if thats not shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

kmart6 wrote: »

Too grim for him to bear.

If anything thats an indication he's his usual self :D

If anything thats an indication he's his usual self :D
    True enough to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

eagle eye wrote:
    et me explain, the Ravens go all the way down the field on their first drive with mainly run plays, they must have been averaging 5+ yards per run at that stage. They get 1st and goal at the 8 and what do they do? Run, pass, pass, I mean like wtf are they at, they are very likely to get a td from there keeping it on the ground instead of putting it in Flacco's hands.

At the start of the game the Ravens had some nice passing plays that brought them down the field. They were mixing it up well but some dropped passes and misqueues cost them dearly. I thought they had a nice mix against a decent looking colts run defence esp with the screen type passes.

The next Ravens drive is really important as I think with Caldwell managing the clock so well they need to score quickly enough. I also though Ray Lewis was unlucky with that penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not taking anything away from the Colts at all by saying that about the Ravens.

Let me explain, the Ravens go all the way down the field on their first drive with mainly run plays, they must have been averaging 5+ yards per run at that stage. They get 1st and goal at the 8 and what do they do? Run, pass, pass, I mean like wtf are they at, they are very likely to get a td from there keeping it on the ground instead of putting it in Flacco's hands.

At the end of the half all the penalties were huge, they not only give up yardage but stopped the clock three times as well.

Now if thats not shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what is.

Yes, the should definately have put it in the hands of Rice in the red zone, undoubtedly, but I like what they did in the opening drive bringing Flacco into the game much more then the Colts expected. Last week it was all Rice. At this stage however, the Colts are all over Flacco and any sort of possesion he gets. It's a pity they didn't get a TD out of the opening drive, otherwise it might be a totally different game.

So close to catching that!!!!

Great tackle!!!!!!

Was his knee not down there?

• Advertisement

Nice play by Bracket!! Having a great game so far!!!

I love Brackett, i really do - most underrated LB in the league.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Good play by Reed and even better by Garcon

Jesus christ!!!! What hussle by Garcon!!!! Brilliant!!! DB play right there!

Good play by Reed and even better by Garcon

Unbelievable hustle by Garcon, Bet Ed Reed smelled the Endzone there :D

Jesus christ!!!! What hussle by Garcon!!!! Brilliant!!! DB play right there!

It's a great sign when on the occasion Manning f**ks up, his team mates have got his back. I ain't used to that.

Dare i say it, that play by Pierre could be the biggest play of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Poor from Reed. His ball security was shocking. He did smiliar last week against the Pats when he stupidly lateralled the ball and got away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

If this game does get closer in the 4th quarter the Ravens could regret burning all of these time outs

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have called that stupid, thought it was pretty smart, got his team an extra 10-15 yards!!!

Advertisement