Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Comments

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother now, 2 minute warning and you've missed the Ravens implosion!
    Ah crap. I fell asleep. I meant to watch the games. The Colts play good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah crap. I fell asleep. I meant to watch the games. The Colts play good?
    Em they were ok,clinical 2 minutes to end the first half!

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think the Ravens need two WRs and a QB in the draft, Mason is adamant this is his last year and I don't think Joe Fiasco is the answer at QB.
    But the Ravens love having issues at QB...it's there thing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bodhisopha banned for a week for trolling. Several folks issued with warnings and/or infractions for feeding the trolls and trolling back. If someone's trolling folks, please just hit the report post button (report.gif) and let the mods or catmods handle it.

So happy we stopped them there...great boost for the defence!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

One hell of game game coming up next week Colts and the Chargers.(would love to see the the Jets win v S.D.).:)

cambridge7 wrote: »
    One hell of game game coming up next week Colts and the Chargers.(would love to see the the Jets win v S.D.).:)
    Jumping the gun a bit there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not at all, they will destroy the Jets imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sparks wrote: »
    Bodhisopha banned for a week for trolling. Several folks issued with warnings and/or infractions for feeding the trolls and trolling back. If someone's trolling folks, please just hit the report post button (report.gif) and let the mods or catmods handle it.

We were told by Zaph, not to expect any mods to be awake at this hour. Should we have to wait 12 hours when we feel we have a troll?

Not at all, they will destroy the Jets imo.

We were told the Ravens would run wild on Indy's (weak ... snigger) Defense too

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    We were told the Ravens would run wild on Indy's (weak ... snigger) Defense too
    Well I didn't say that, I said it was going to be very close, if you read my post and I think you did, I said that the Ravens have an inate ability to shoot themselves in the foot and they did that tonight. I picked them but just based on their performance last week, but they were back to themselves this week.

Its totally different tomorrow with the Chargers and Jets. I have nailed my colours to the mast on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

davyjose wrote: »
    We were told by Zaph, not to expect any mods to be awake at this hour. Should we have to wait 12 hours when we feel we have a troll?
    In short, yes. You report it; the mods fix it. You wading in doesn't help, it just creates more work for the mods.

And discussing moderation decisions in-thread is also verboden across most of boards.ie by the way - if you have an issue with a moderating decision, there is a standard procedure to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think the Ravens need two WRs and a QB in the draft, Mason is adamant this is his last year and I don't think Joe Fiasco is the answer at QB.

lol at writing off a 2nd year QB who's gotten to the play-offs two years in a row who has a carrer QB rating of 84.9

I know, the Jets are on the way up but not this year.:)

Off to bed......with a :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

lol at writing off a 2nd year QB who's gotten to the play-offs two years in a row who has a carrer QB rating of 84.9

Exactly! Flacco is no Kyle Boller and writing him off is stupid. He's definately had a slump but its naive to assume its him and him alone.

He has a completely inconsistent receiving core, has been playing banged up for weeks now, has often been hampered by constant penalties and has 2 years in the NFL. Think the Ravens urgently need backup at WR and CB. No salary cap could kill us free agency wise being in the final 8.

Night night everyone.:)

How many years Chucky before you write somebody off then?

Well I didn't say that, I said it was going to be very close, if you read my post and I think you did, I said that the Ravens have an inate ability to shoot themselves in the foot and they did that tonight. I picked them but just based on their performance last week, but they were back to themselves this week.

Its totally different tomorrow with the Chargers and Jets. I have nailed my colours to the mast on that one.

Fair enough dude. I wasn't accusing you of saying it either .. but it was said.

BTW i don't see the Chargers lose tommorow either. Vikes game is the pick of the day. "Old man" Favre to show 'em how it's done.

On a side note, I'm so proud of the Colts. It wasn't perfect, but it got the job done. No game will come with more pressure than tonight, so we can hold ou heads up. :)

How many years Chucky before you write somebody off then?

I'd at least give them some half competent receivers and 4 years. What more do you want from flacco? After his 2 year he has a better QB rating then manning did after his first 2 year. Not only that but Flacco has improved in every area from last year, 7 more TD's and no extra ints, less fumbles, better completion %, more yards, better average, and better QB rating. If Mark Sanchez lossess tomorrow do you think the Jets should draft a QB in this years draft as well?

• Advertisement

/accepts hiding

I'd at least give them some half competent receivers and 4 years. What more do you want from flacco? After his 2 year he has a better QB rating then manning did after his first 2 year. Not only that but Flacco has improved in every area from last year, 7 more TD's and no extra ints, less fumbles, better completion %, more yards, better average, and better QB rating. If Mark Sanchez lossess tomorrow do you think the Jets should draft a QB in this years draft as well?
    Have you seen him in the playoffs? This year and last year, he has been horrendous.
    Yeah maybe he will improve but I just don't know about him, under pressure I don't like him to be honest. The losses to the Bengals this year, he was bad in them games, he finished very badly against the Steelers a couple of weeks ago and the Green Bay game, he was just awful in that one.
    I think that 84.9 does not include the playoffs, or I'd be surprised if it did.

Oh and if its four years then JeMarcus has one left.:)

Edit: And Davy a bit of advice, go to bed or log off for a while anyways before something bad happens.;)

Have you seen him in the playoffs? This year and last year, he has been horrendous.
    Yeah maybe he will improve but I just don't know about him, under pressure I don't like him to be honest. The losses to the Bengals this year, he was bad in them games, he finished very badly against the Steelers a couple of weeks ago and the Green Bay game, he was just awful in that one.
    I think that 84.9 does not include the playoffs, or I'd be surprised if it did.

Oh and if its four years then JeMarcus has one left.:)

Edit: And Davy a bit of advice, go to bed or log off for a while anyways before something bad happens.;)

Again he has no really great receiving help though. He's had a 2 horrible games out of 5 play-offs matches, hardly a terrible for a 2nd year player. He wasn't so bad in tonights game considering who he has to throw to and playing the no1 team in the AFC. If JR showed improvement year after year in the NFL then I'd agree with you, but he hasn't, I still don't think he should be cut and I don't think we should draft a QB in the first round next year either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

**** pass interference calls won it for the Colts as well as a dodgy call on Lewis in the TD zone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant wait for the Cowboys/Vikings game later!

interested to see if the cowboy defence can keep up the extremely impressive run the last 4-5 weeks, the Vikings need Peterson to step up and give Favre room to work the passing game or it could be a very long night for him.........

I will be rooting for a Viking victory

Are you serious?! Ther can be no argument with either of those calls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

And the prediction league as it stands: If its the cowboys and the Jets tonight, no-one will have guessed the 4 winners

After the saturday games
    spank_inferno 2/2 with Cowboys and Chargers to come
    Lothaar 2/2 with Vikings and Chargers
    evil_seed 2/2 with Cowboys and Chargers
    InKonspikuou2 2/2 with vikings and Chargers
    Inquitus 2/2 with Vikings and Jets
    Morrisseee 2/2 with Vikings and Chargers
    gerire 2/2 with vikings and Jets
    Mystery Punter 2/2 with vikings and Jets

davyjose 1/2 with Vikings and Chargers
    NTMK 1/2 with vikings and Chargers
    Blured 1/2 with Cowboys and Chargers
    Blue_Lagoon 1/2 with Cowboys and Chargers
    Eire_Dearg 1/2 with Vikings and Chargers
    eagle eye 1/2 with vikings and Chargers
    Roaster 1/2 with vikings and Chargers
    LightningBolt 1/2 with Vikings and Chargers
    Mr. Guppa 1/2 with Cowboys and Chargers
    Santryred 1/2 with Cowboys and Chargers
    yerayeah 1/2 with Cowboys and Chargers

BUKman 0/2 with vikings and chargers
    Desnowlover 0/2 with vikings and Jets
    TheSpecialOne 0/2 with Cowboys and Jets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I knew I shouldn't have gone with the Cardinals! The miracle attacking performance I was hoping for didn't exactly materialise, while my head said Saints win.

Are you serious?! Ther can be no argument with either of those calls!
    That no call on the 3rd down on a deepish pass by Flacco which should have been made. I don't think it would have changed the outcome but you never know for sure, it certainly had a bearing on the game. Iirc the Ravens went for it on 4th down after not getting the call, turned it over, Reed intercepts Manning's pass and loses it and the Colts drive down the field and score the field goal to put them three scores up.

• Advertisement

That no call on the 3rd down on a deepish pass by Flacco which should have been made. I don't think it would have changed the outcome but you never know for sure, it certainly had a bearing on the game. Iirc the Ravens went for it on 4th down after not getting the call, turned it over, Reed intercepts Manning's pass and loses it and the Colts drive down the field and score the field goal to put them three scores up.
    You mean the play where Flacco was throwing to Rice who had Bracket on him?! Where Bracket didn't look at the ball at all,followed Rice' eyes put his hands up at the right time and knocked the ball away without making adequate contact for it to be pass interference!

Advertisement