Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

players pub, thomas street

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

what was players called before it was players?

its really bugging me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

what was players called before it was players?

its really bugging me!!
    Tims iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

was it?! that doesnt sound familiar at all!!
    i remember going there for lunch a few times when i worked in town a few years ago, thought it was called something else though

it is now called Cocoon as and from tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Yeah it was called Tims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It may have undergone another incarnation between being Tims and Players?

Or perhaps the OP is thinking of The Doghouse which was further down the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

no tims is becoming more familiar now the more i think of it. i remember the dog house too, where the cornstore is now. ah the good ole days haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

The Dog House would also have been known as Qunlivan's and Tims was McKnight's previously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The_Dave wrote: »
    The Dog House would also have been known as Qunlivan's and Tims was McKnight's previously

The Old Tom?

- I remember arriving in there one night, slick and too cool for school - went downstairs to the cellar/crypt - place was jammed, saw a 15 foot tunnel leading off somewhere, seemed to be a room full of People, took me about 10 mins to get through that tunnel as it was jammed & when I got there it was just a fúcking mirror :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yeah the Dog House was Old Tom before that.

Advertisement