Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Recommendation for Cabling Installers

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I've a problem with the coaxial TV cabling in the house, or so NTL tell me. I'm looking for recommendations for a company that can check existing under floor cabling, and install more cables to additional rooms.

Professional installers only please - I need floors lifted, cables run neatly & documentation for work provided. No 'lash it on the wall with cable clips' types please!!!

I live in Dun Laoghaire & need the job done ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

what sort of cabling work do you need done could you be more specific
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LumpyMonkey

Firstly, I'd like the exisiting coaxial cabling in the house tested and certified as being good, or if not, then replaced. Our UPC signal developed problems on the same day that men were working on the distribution box out on the road & that we received a new decoder card . . . . but UPC same that the problem is with our internal cabling . . . odd coincidence I think, but they won't proceed any further.

Secondly, I'd like additional cables run from under the stairs (when uPC comes in and the signal is split) to two additional rooms. It's an old house so I want all the cables run neatly under the floor like the exisiting cables. Although this is time consuming to lift the carpets and floorboards, I believe it's far better than clipping cables to skirting baords and drilling through my nice 1935 doorframes!

Advertisement