Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky HD Box Repairs

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Looks like the PSU in my Skybox is on the way out....Anyone know of anyone in the Tralee area that can repair Sky Boxes..

Thanks

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

there's a guy down near the abbeygate hotel, lionel dorrington or something like that, looks like one of the guys from waynes world, but is a genius with electronics

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

I take it the issue your having is your getting no satellite signal on certain channels but you've ruled out the dish/lnb being at fault?

I had lionel dorrington repair my power supply - He wasn't too keen on doing it at first but he did it after a bit of persuasion and me supplying the parts for him.

What you need to buy is the following kits from satcure.co.uk - it should cos you no more than 20 euro's for all the parts and about another 20 to 30 for labour.

Thomson Sky+ and Sky-HD PSU capacitor upgrade kit RELKIT 33j £10.95

Plastic nuts and screws (kit) for replacing fan in HD only 50p

If your box is refusing to turn on whatsoever you will also need this kit also

Supplementary kit (see notes) SATKIT 33j £19.95

Here is a link to the above parts.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page12.htm#psukit

Hope this helps,

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

digiking wrote: »
    I take it the issue your having is your getting no satellite signal on certain channels but you've ruled out the dish/lnb being at fault?

I had lionel dorrington repair my power supply - He wasn't too keen on doing it at first but he did it after a bit of persuasion and me supplying the parts for him.

What you need to buy is the following kits from satcure.co.uk - it should cos you no more than 20 euro's for all the parts and about another 20 to 30 for labour.

Thomson Sky+ and Sky-HD PSU capacitor upgrade kit RELKIT 33j £10.95

Plastic nuts and screws (kit) for replacing fan in HD only 50p

If your box is refusing to turn on whatsoever you will also need this kit also

Supplementary kit (see notes) SATKIT 33j £19.95

Here is a link to the above parts.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page12.htm#psukit

Hope this helps,

Alan

Thanks a lot....I will need to start working on that...I hope that Mr. Dorrington will sort me out

Advertisement