Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a mobo, please help :(

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

hullo,

right, I have a suspicion my mobo is dead. (hoover, static, not good :() looking for a new one now, need help.

i had an evga 680i lt. (with e6600 and gtx260 and 4gb of pc8400)

so I need a new socket 775 mobo, wuhey....

ive been running my e6600 (2.4ghz default) at 3.2ghz for the last god knows how long, so, must be similarly capable. (no interest in sli by the way)

so, options???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

second hand from anyone here will also suffice actually, if its good enough etc.

also, i hate msi..... with a vengence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Asus PQ5 Deluxe?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=352402

bit-tech review:http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2008/05/28/asus-p5q-deluxe-intel-p45-has-arrived/1

Only things I hate about Asus boards:

1) sh it software

2) sh it fan control

3) you always seem to need to beat/tweak the motherboard until you get it stable, but once stable they are really stable.

cheers uberpixie,

had to go for the most expensive option huh.... :rolleyes:

ordered....

now i just hope that is actually the part that has failed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

cheers uberpixie,

had to go for the most expensive option huh.... :rolleyes:

ordered....

now i just hope that is actually the part that has failed.....

hey I never said you had to accept the vague recommendation of a total random person from the internets! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

lol.

i just got that mobo myself, and its frikkin unbelievable!

the software seems to be great too. cant complain. then again, i only used the driver for the ethernet and got the rest through windows 7.

• Advertisement

Ah i dont really mind if it's the most expensive at like 140 quid total, i paid considerably more for this 680i that is sitting next to me....dead....

you pay for what you get sure, job done, cheers total random person from the internets! :P

Advertisement