Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite song at the moment?

• 15-01-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

For me it's a toss up between:

Not quite sure how Lanegan manages to stay anchored to a mic while a song like this is being played.. but it kinda rocks that he does.

And this:

That song actually led me to watch 'Cobb' the other day, best movie Iv ever seen.. all the cgi in the world can't beat amazing acting.. fuk Avatar:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Painted In Exile - Skylines

Ok admittedly the rap at the start is ridiculous but the rest of the song is just so damn amazing that it makes up for it. The awesome shrieks, the clean chorus, the jazz interlude, and the amazing outro :eek:

This band represent everything good about Progressive Deathcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Feckin' Old School!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Ok admittedly the rap at the start is ridiculous but the rest of the song is just so damn amazing that it makes up for it. The awesome shrieks, the clean chorus, the jazz interlude, and the amazing outro :eek:

That's awesome! Even the rap bit. The only thing I don't like is the breakdowns, but they don't last long.

That's awesome! Even the rap bit. The only thing I don't like is the breakdowns, but they don't last long.

Their average age is like 17 or 18. It's depressing :p

• Advertisement

:(

Favourite song:

I'm going through a slam death phase atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Indeed, pretty depressing!

Great song though, my only grip about the whole song was the rather whiney singing in the outro (a sign of their age I think), the rest was spot on though, loved the Jazz influence, and the rapping was something like Limp Bizkit without being sh*t :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Spiral, that is easily one of the best songs Iv heard in a long long time. Please tell me how you came across this band?

Spiral, that is easily one of the best songs Iv heard in a long long time. Please tell me how you came across this band?

Alot of the guys over at Ultimate-guitar are deathcore nuts so I hear about alot of smaller American bands. :D

PiE are one of the best I've heard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Very impressive indeed. I LOVE the jazzy interludes!
    The clean singing voice is a little too 'Emo' sounding for my liking but I couldn't fault them in any other way (that rap is pure comedy ;))!

Loving the entire new Converge album at the moment but this song is just incredible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Have just recently started listening to Emperor,dont know why it has taken me this long.Words fail me for this tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

:(

Favourite song:

I'm going through a slam death phase atm.

What on earth was that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Been catching up on my Motörhead of late, when I stumbled across Whorehouse Blues. There isn't enough time in the day for me to listen to it as much as I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PearlLedbetter

I must say I'm loving this at the moment,

The man is a guitar genius and this is my favorite song from him!! Amazing song!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oGGud2Jk4

CARCASS- Corporeal Jigsore Quandry

What on earth was that???

Slam Death. A genre inspired by Brutal Death bands like Suffocation and Dying Fetus but focus more on slow grooves and breakdowns rather than fast thrash parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Buckethead may be a guitar genius, but i just cant take the man's music seriously. Grow up, and take that f**kin bucket off your head.

My favourite song, ever...Mot
    örhead's killed by death

Advertisement