Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies Robbed in Wellpark

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Gardai are hunting for a suspect who robbed a city bookmaker this lunchtime.
    A young man entered Mulholland's Bookies in Wellpark around 12 noon and threatened a member of staff.

He made off with a small sum of cash and fled the scene on foot.

The suspect is described as aged between 20 and 25 years, wearing a black tracksuit top with red stripe on side, over a blue hoodie and black tracksuit bottoms.
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/10718-gardai-hunt-city-bookies-robbery-suspect

A sign of the times i suppose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Does not surprise me. So many houses being broken into now too. Scary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Doesn't sound very organised.

Will hopefully be caught.

Giving hoodies and tracksuits a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I wouldn't say its a sign of the times, just a sign of the scumbags.

The bookies in Mervue was done there a few years ago when we were all wiping our arses with fifty euro notes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Hope they find the culprits...Wonder what the odds are???

• Advertisement

Everytime I think of a bookies being robbed, I think of Snatch.. Great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Everytime I think of a bookies being robbed, I think of Snatch.. Great movie.

ALL BETS ARE OFF..................

Not the first time for that bookies to be robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

deccurley wrote: »
    I wouldn't say its a sign of the times, just a sign of the scumbags.

The bookies in Mervue was done there a few years ago when we were all wiping our arses with fifty euro notes

Really? And can that still be used as legal tender?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He definatly isnt a gambler. He picked the week when nearly every sporting event in Ireland and the UK was cancelled to rob a bookies.

Advertisement