Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I'm gearing up for this, I think it's gonna be brilliant, the first proper fighting style game on Wii - considering up to now all we've had is Virtual Console and SNK re-releases. I would rather it have been fully 2D but 2.5D isn't so bad

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom features characters from the Japanese animation studio Tatsunoko Production and video game company Capcom

I would have also liken to see more Capcom characters ala Resident Evil and Street Fighter but its good we have what we have at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, I've played the japanese version and its definitely enjoyable but i would have loved to be able to play it with an arcade stick. And as you say, more street fighter characters would have been nice. Having said that, they finally gave Street Fighter III some love by putting Alex in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've only played the Jap version of this for about an hour, so I cant really judge it yet. I didn't enjoy it that much from that little bit of play. It's not as instantly good as say MvC2, but I'm hoping some extended play will convince me. Having the combo damage listed in the billions is one of my favourite things ever though XD
    I'll be getting it either way, if only to get to get to spin around in the the VS from Lost planet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This game is best enjoyed while drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Apparently this has been out since last Friday, but I couldn't find it in any shops I tried today.

Anyone seen it for sale anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Not in stock on Play.com but only €32.49, €28.99 on sendit dispatches in 3 days approx! I could see it being €50+ in bricks and mortar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how much is a pad?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Not in stock on Play.com but only €32.49, €28.99 on sendit dispatches in 3 days approx! I could see it being €50+ in bricks and mortar.

Saw this for 34.99 in HMV Limerick at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Only about €26 on amazon.co.uk, just surprised no shops had one of last weeks new releases for the most popular console.

Doubt it sold out either being a very niche title.
    Placebo wrote: »
    how much is a pad?

A lot more than a converter would have been had you left your stick as a PS2 stick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

19 sterling from Zavvi including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    19 sterling from Zavvi including postage.

And we have a winner, cheers man. I just ordered it and a classic controller from about €35. Theres a pad hack for the classic controller up on SRK recently so if I cant get the feel for it I might give that a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well hope you aren't looking for it soon because it seems they don't have stock until Friday. Still you can't go far wrong at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nowhere in Carlow got it in on Friday anyways. Quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I had mine ordered from amazon from a few weeks back. It dispatched on friday and arrived yesterday, which was pretty damn impressive since I went for free delivery, which had an estimated arrival of wednesday.

Only issue is they haven't gotten any of the madcatz sticks in stock yet, so I'm stuck using the classic controller for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

theres a video on srk main page, amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Placebo wrote: »
    theres a video on srk main page, amazing

Yep. Here it is for those who haven't seen it and are too lazy to go there:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The game looks kind of fun, I have to say. I didn't know Soki from Onimusha nor Viewtiful Joe were in the game! (Both awesome games!)

Is Dante in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Ramza wrote: »
    The game looks kind of fun, I have to say. I didn't know Soki from Onimusha nor Viewtiful Joe were in the game! (Both awesome games!)

Is Dante in this?

No. The full character roster is on this page:

http://iplaywinner.com/tatsunokovscapcom

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had a bit of credit on a HMV card and played a few hours with my brother. Very fun game, but we havent scratched the surface of the gameplay. Lots of interesting features.

Advertisement