Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orbital route

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

cyberspi wrote: »
    people need a visual on something like this, there should have been layouts printed in the local papers..

Try Page 9 of the Limerick Post.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

:) not much good to us country bumpkins who only read the leader :)
    (my god I hope I didn't miss something when I went through it earlier!)

:) not much good to us country bumpkins who only read the leader :)
    (my god I hope I didn't miss something when I went through it earlier!)

but sure ye only go as far as the Crescent;)

seriously, I posted this before reading this

phog wrote: »

seriously, I posted this before reading this[/QUOTE

:) you know my kind too well!
    but seriously, its people like me, who only go in the odd time that could cause an accident if they don't do a better job of publicising the changes.. When I was leaving town on Wednesday I noticed the yellow box was missing at the top of William st. and didn't have a clue what was going on, thank god it wasn't in place yet or I would have turned right into oneway traffic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

phog wrote: »

seriously, I posted this before reading this[/QUOTE

:) you know my kind too well!
    but seriously, its people like me, who only go in the odd time that could cause an accident if they don't do a better job of publicising the changes.. When I was leaving town on Wednesday I noticed the yellow box was missing at the top of William st. and didn't have a clue what was going on, thank god it wasn't in place yet or I would have turned right into oneway traffic..

its people like you who should take better care while driving

• Advertisement

I am an extremely careful driver Paulegend, however I'm not a psycic and it's up to the roads authority to highlight changes to road markings, otherwise it won't be long before there is a serious accident. This is a major change to the road layout. There should be warning and information signs on all feed roads. They may be there now but they weren't when I passed through. As I said earlier it should have also been publicised more in the local press with the council placing adds with a plan of the new layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I am an extremely careful driver Paulegend, however I'm not a psycic and it's up to the roads authority to highlight changes to road markings, otherwise it won't be long before there is a serious accident. This is a major change to the road layout. There should be warning and information signs on all feed roads. They may be there now but they weren't when I passed through. As I said earlier it should have also been publicised more in the local press with the council placing adds with a plan of the new layout.

your totally right. if only they told us about the proposed changes ages ago:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

It is a pretty badly laid out intersection, i was up there last friday when the change happened, and it was mental, took ages for me to get onto mulgrave st, from cathederal place, there were massive queues on the roads leading to the new intersection. I hope they sort out the timing on the lights because in its current setup it's not taking account of the large volumes of traffic that flow through that area every day.

Also a main route leading past 2 big schools? not a good idea in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im sitting here on Upper William Street outside of Centra using the internet and you would be shocked the amount of people driving the wrong way down the one way street.

I have been here around 5 minutes and I counted 15 so far.

Limerick City Council really need to do something to block off the slip road from Roxborough road onto William Street because this is where they are coming from.

So be aware when you are driving up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

When the Limerick Tunnel was planned and public presentations about the tunnel was done, I asked the question about the Toll cost and what if people avoid the Tunnel to avoid paying the Toll. I was told during one of their presentations that before the Tunnel open that they will make Limerick more impassable so that people will use the Tunnel to go through the City and pay that Toll. They have already started as stated with Pedestrianised the streets, Added extra traffic lights to slow the traffic on the Dock Road, Reduce the speed limits on the Condell road and now the changing of traffic flows through the city.

Its Looks like people will use the Tunnel rather than use old routes and pay that Toll. If we were still in Boom times, the Traffic chaos would be far worst.

• Advertisement

Ok so example:

I used to dock road during rush hour recently and my on board computer said I was using 35 litres per every 100 kms when moving off in first and second.

At 80kph which will be approaching and exiting routes with 60kph in the tunnel then I will be using around 8 litres per every 100kms.(similar to motorway mpg's)

So over time If I were to avoid the toll and start/stop through the city it would soon cost me much more in fuel.

And considering my car is a bioethanol car(and the only station in Limerick doesn't have any left) and bioethanol E85 burns quicker than Petrol then I would never avoid the tunnel.

Berty wrote: »
    And considering my car is a bioethanol car(and the only station in Limerick doesn't have any left)
    Did the Maxol station say when they have E85 again?

limklad wrote: »
    Did the Maxol station say when they have E85 again?

One day they said the pump was broken but Friday they said they had none. I find it hard to imagine how they sold out of it if the pump was broken. Somebody is not telling me the truth.

No idea when it will be back or fixed.

Nearest E85 is Ennis.

Berty wrote: »
    One day they said the pump was broken but Friday they said they had none. I find it hard to imagine how they sold out of it if the pump was broken. Somebody is not telling me the truth.

No idea when it will be back or fixed.

Nearest E85 is Ennis.
    The pump was broken twice last year as well. It a bit of a habit.

limklad wrote: »
    The pump was broken twice last year as well. It a bit of a habit.

or else the guy using it keep breaking it :D

Advertisement