Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PC for Adobe CS4?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying a new PC. My current one isn't up too much. Any suggestions as to the model and make of PC I should buy that suits Adobe CS4 best.

Also should I avoid Windows 7 for Adobe CS4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

the PC you should get is entirely dependent on your Adobe CS4 usage, what will you be doing with it? is it for just pictures or animation? what resolution pix or video will you be processing?

If you use nvidia quadro cards you can use gpu acceleration in CS4

As for windows 7, definately use it, its much better than the rubbish vista, also get the 64bit version as it will work much better with Adobe CS4, i wouldnt go with XP as 64bit XP is rubbish when it comes to drivers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Elmo wrote: »
    Also should I avoid Windows 7 for Adobe CS4?

I think it's a case of avoiding 64bit operating systems for CS4. I keep getting BSODs on Vista 64 with CS4, and when i googled it I didn't seem to be the only one. I think CS4 may have some compatibility issues too with Win7?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lmimmfn wrote: »
    the PC you should get is entirely dependent on your Adobe CS4 usage, what will you be doing with it? is it for just pictures or animation? what resolution pix or video will you be processing?

It is web standard so no photoshop. Will be looking to use Flash and Fireworks more and more. And the media encoder.
    I think it's a case of avoiding 64bit operating systems for CS4.
    As for windows 7, definately use it, its much better than the rubbish vista, also get the 64bit version as it will work much better with Adobe CS4

So windows 7 64bit can be used with Adobe CS3. ????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think it's a case of avoiding 64bit operating systems for CS4. I keep getting BSODs on Vista 64 with CS4, and when i googled it I didn't seem to be the only one. I think CS4 may have some compatibility issues too with Win7?

im running CS4 on 7 64bit, no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lmimmfn wrote: »
    If you use nvidia quadro cards you can use gpu acceleration in CS4

Doesn't need to be a Quadro. Any modern ATI or Nvidia card should allow GPU acceleration.

Only the old PowerPC based Macs require a Quadro or 7800 series card.

By modern, I mean Shader Model 3 / OpenGL 2.0 or higher. (most DX9 and newer cards).

Elmo - yes that PC would eat up CS4. But its fairly expensive - ever thought of building one?

Doesn't need to be a Quadro. Any modern ATI or Nvidia card should allow GPU acceleration.

Only the old PowerPC based Macs require a Quadro or 7800 series card.

By modern, I mean Shader Model 3 / OpenGL 2.0 or higher. (most DX9 and newer cards).

Elmo - yes that PC would eat up CS4. But its fairly expensive - ever thought of building one?

Yeah I have another thread opened on the idea of building a new PC. I saw a low end gaming advent for €500 in PC World.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/667070

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe get these guys to build one to your spec

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/pcconfigurator.jsp?lid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Soccertainer

Hi, I run the master collection on my laptop, I got mine just over a year ago in aldi of all places, its a medion, had the same speck dell was looking for 2g's for I got it for 799, and it runs great. Buy a widescreen 17'' laptop for developing, and obviously get as high as spec as you can. At least 4gb ddr3 ram with a decent graphics card to take some of the work. Have fun.

Advertisement