Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9600GT in a Dell PC - Cant Decide

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:46pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello peeps, having a bit of trouble here at the moment. Getting a lot of mixed results upon googling it.

Basically my mate wants to play games on his current Dell PC. I have a 9600GT (non green version) I'm going to sell to him.

Problem is, the power supply he has is a generic Dell 350W PSU (amperage is fine with regards to the 9600GT). The CPU is a low power Athlon x2 3800, 2GB ram, 1 250GB SATA drive, 1 standard DVD drive and 1 fan on the case.

In my head, it SHOULD work safely without any issues. Can anyone just put me out of my misery and tell whether it will work or not? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my m8 has exact same pc except he has a 9400gt and it works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Dell PSUs are actually quiet good and should not be compared to cheap brand PSUs.
    I had an ATI 4850 running in a Dimension 9200 with no problems and that was a 350w also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cheers, im feeling better already :)

i have a 3650 in with the power munching Pentium D 915 with the same PSU, so that made me assume that the 9600GT would in his

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

cheers, im feeling better already :)

i have a 3650 in with the power munching Pentium D 915 with the same PSU, so that made me assume that the 9600GT would in his

My little bors have a core2duo build + 8800GT on an FSP 350W. hasn't blown up yet after over a year and a half.

Your mate will prob get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Even if it doesn't, it's just a matter of spending another €40 on a cx400. No harm in trying(although there is a slight chance it could take out the mobo + hard-drive...)

Advertisement