Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone doing Architecture?

• 15-01-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    Im a Leaving Cert student and had been planning on doing engineerng since the start of the year.
    Now Im interested in doing architecture.
    Does anyone have any info on it.
    What are the leture hours like?
    Is it mathematical?
    Is it stressful?
    I would appreciate any help.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

You should look at the structural engineering with architecture course if you are interested in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

ainrialai wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im a Leaving Cert student and had been planning on doing engineerng since the start of the year.
    Now Im interested in doing architecture.
    Does anyone have any info on it.
    What are the leture hours like?
    Is it mathematical?
    Is it stressful?
    I would appreciate any help.:rolleyes:

Hi,
    Im not doing architecture, but one of my best friends is currently in her fourth year.
    I dont think lectures feature majorly as part of the degree. Its moreso about projects which require a lot of time spent in the studio. My friend could be there from 10 am-10pm five days a week and quite a few all nighters close to deadlines, including working on projects at weekends also.
    From what I gather it is stressful yes.
    Can't really answer any of your other questions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

more or less this ^^^^^^

guidance councillors must be crap, do they not realise that all the modules (of every degree in the uni!) are available to be browsed online on the UCD site?
    and you (all) can see first hand EXACTLY how many hrs of lectures you will be doing a week, a guide to the kind of things you will cover and that sort of thing.

If you all are this crap at research you are in for a surprise when you get to college :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Give the OP a break. The Leaving Cert year is very intense as you probably well know. Depending upon a persons capabilities they could be studying pretty much any free time they have got.

It is one of the advantages of a forum such as this that you can get people's advice and experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

pljudge321 wrote: »
    You should look at the structural engineering with architecture course if you are interested in both.
    The Structural Engineering &c degree is definitely mathematical - lots of hairy Calculus, and complicated equations for calculating performance of structures. Engineering is not for Mathophobes. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

bnt wrote: »
    The Structural Engineering &c degree is definitely mathematical - lots of hairy Calculus, and complicated equations for calculating performance of structures. Engineering is not for Mathophobes. :o

Preaching to the choir - though admittedly Im in a completely different disclipline to structural though I have heard the maths in structural is easier then some of the stuff mechs & elecs have to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

A friend of mine is in third year now. From what I hear it's a very demanding course, an awful lot of work outside of your lectures with portfolio and that, but if you're into that stuff you'll have no problem wha?

Advertisement