Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscrea: Good places for brekkie or lunch?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good place for breakfast or lunch in Roscrea.
    Will be heading down there next week and any recommendations would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

If you can avoid roscrea do if not the Rackett hall on the outskirts is generally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

McDonalds! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

mcdonalds for breakfast and racket hall for lunch there isnt much of a choice in the town there is a cafe in the town centre across from the post office was never in it though its a green place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Is Roscrea really that bad, cafe wise ???I've passed "the Racket Hall" before but was hoping for something in the town. Not to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

The petrol station next to McDonalds does an awesome brekkie roll !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Managed to get myself a reasonable Irish breakfast in a pub beside Roscrea Castle.
    The lady who runs the place threw in extra helpings of brown bread and an extra pot of tea :) Seemed to be a good few locals in there too! Didn't get the name but it's to the right of the entrance to Roscrea Castle!

McDonalds I ask ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Sundew wrote: »
    Managed to get myself a reasonable Irish breakfast in a pub beside Roscrea Castle.
    The lady who runs the place threw in extra helpings of brown bread and an extra pot of tea :) Seemed to be a good few locals in there too! Didn't get the name but it's to the right of the entrance to Roscrea Castle!

McDonalds I ask ya :rolleyes:

that do be The White House pub

not to be confused with the pub on the left beside the bus stop....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

that do be The White House pub

not to be confused with the pub on the left beside the bus stop....:eek:

Funny but have to say it, the pub isn't white though.

Advertisement