Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre Investment Club

Options
  • 15-01-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'd like to get into investing. I'm an absolute beginner but (unless there's already somethin out there) I'd love to set somethin up where people invest a small amount every so often then meet up to discuss how they get on. Anyone interested in getting involved ? (location dublin city centre / drumcondra)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ronaldo*

steve_oh wrote: »
    I'd like to get into investing. I'm an absolute beginner but (unless there's already somethin out there) I'd love to set somethin up where people invest a small amount every so often then meet up to discuss how they get on. Anyone interested in getting involved ? (location dublin city centre / drumcondra)

Well, just when I thought I was the only one that wanted to do this. Likewise, I would like to join a club too. I'm not interested in all these "EDUCATION" courses that web sites try to sell you, just plain investing and talking about it/discussing it etc.

My experience with all these so called education sites and investor academies is that they just try to sell you their stuff, most of it is like timeshare!!! and not worth much...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I would like to have a bit more knowledge on this as well. I completely understand the sales crap involved from colleges with, well let's face it, Mickey Mouse courses where you gain absolutely nothing from. Sadly I am involved in a very dragged out one at present, roll on May!

But anyway count me in and I will keep an eye on things here. I am based a train stop away from Drumcondra myself, Ashtown direction.

Hi Jay, sounds interesting, so what course are you doing, if I may ask?

I am doing sound engineering mate. It's something I love but the course is completely dragged out for what I am learning. One person who teaches some of the stuff for someone else put it to me at the start of the year that the sort of courses I am currently involved in are put on solely to keep teachers in a job.

I really can see what he means now.

Jay D wrote: »
    I am doing sound engineering mate. It's something I love but the course is completely dragged out for what I am learning. One person who teaches some of the stuff for someone else put it to me at the start of the year that the sort of courses I am currently involved in are put on solely to keep teachers in a job.

I really can see what he means now.

Sounds very interesting and if you "love" it, thats gr8. Hang in there and get your cert. Education is always a good investment. Focus on one thing at a time and get it finished. Then, start the next thing like learnig about investing and stock trading. I did a course last year on software, bit of a waste of time, but I managed to finish it. Cheers mate.:cool:

• Advertisement

steve_oh wrote: »

The Irish Stock Exchange www.ise.ie has a published pdf guide for 'investments clubs' which is a great place to start.

ah sure stick to one thing when you know it works!! :)

been away a bit lately but will be checking this out next week, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Might be interested in this myself.

What type of structure are you thinking about?

What are you looking for out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fionnsdragon

alrite everyone
    i know this is an old post but did this go anywhere?
    i am really keen to meet up and shot some ideas and questions with like minded folk who wana make some

Yes, been with a club for over a year now. Very happy with it.
    You welcome to PM me with your email if you want more info.
    Some basic info here and contact details you can enter to get information on our club.
    www.fxdynamite.com/unisec1106

Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 PlanBee

Ronaldo* wrote: »
    Yes, been with a club for over a year now. Very happy with it.
    You welcome to PM me with your email if you want more info.
    Some basic info here and contact details you can enter to get information on our club.
    www.fxdynamite.com/unisec1106

Ronaldo

Hello All,

This is a very interesting thread for me, unfortunately the link above is for the Forex trade, does anybody
    know an existed investment club in Dublin that trades shares on Stock Exchange Market ?

Any information is appreciated

Advertisement