Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in town that you can reserve areas...

Options
  • 15-01-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

I did a quick search and couldn't see anything that wasn't years old on here about this, my apologies if I'm wrong!

basically I'm looking for somewhere in town that you can reserve a section for free/ relatively cheap, and possibly can bring helium baloons and the odd decoration for a surprise party i'm planning for someone... The only place I know like that is Messers. Maguire on the quays but the birthday girl isn't a fan of there...

Many thanks for any info!

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dicey's Garden on Harcourt street. It has an outside bit with two floors that's surprisingly toasty cos of the gas heaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Le Crik (sp?) and Sibin Chic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

McTurcaills on Townsend Street allows areas to be reserved, they're nicely seperated too. Also they do platters, have had many a party in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming!!!

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

howl at the moon, bia bar, turks head, grand central

tbh nearly every single bar in the city

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

keep an eye on advertisements in windows. some pubs are providing free finger food for parties over 50 (llyods on amiens street being one) and others are providing free music for parties over 50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

the gingerman, citibar, d2, cant think of any more at the moment but most big bars would have an area you can reserve

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

keep an eye on advertisements in windows. some pubs are providing free finger food for parties over 50 (llyods on amiens street being one) and others are providing free music for parties over 50

the bull and castle also do free finger food for parties over 8 people and i think a free drink

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Good stuff, thanks everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'd say most places would reserve an area for free. Can't think that any would turn you down especially at this time of year. Paying for a place would be utter madness.

I'd ring around any of the places you might like/be interested in and ask them what special deals/offers they have in the way of food/ drink/ cake/ ballons/ ponies ;).

The way to think about it is that if you are reserving an area you are probably going to bring in quite a reasonable amount of business over the course of the night. If you take something like 20 people to one venue as opposed to another that's a nice bit of business for wherever you end up, especially if it's not a busy night like Friday or Satirday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishbird wrote: »
    the bull and castle also do free finger food for parties over 8 people and i think a free drink

yeah they do

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

O'Reillys tara st have a nice area for reservations. Drink is very cheap there too!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Doheny and Nesbitt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mercantile

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Upstairs in Toners, Baggott St.

Upstairs in Slatterys, Capel Street.

Large enough room in Brokers, Dame Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Grand Central

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Most pubs will do. Must admit I absolutely hate walking into a pub and seeing empty tables with reserved signs on them. Fair enough if they get used but I remember a pub I used to regularly drink in that would often have a section ringed off with sign saying reserved for 6pm. Often by seven there would be two or three people holding the tables until their mates arrived at eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

studiorat wrote: »
    Le Crik (sp?) and Sibin Chic.

It's Le Cirk :)

Other places that do it, Doyles, Spy, Bojangles, the Russel Court Hotel.

Advertisement