Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post sent back my Parcel to Sender

Options
  • 15-01-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Bought an item off ebay on Jan 1st, coming from belgium, wasnt to worried that i hadnt recieved it yet, as iv never had any problems before with the seller, and the weather recently might have cuased a delay. Today i got an email from the seller saying item had been returned to sender as it was a non collect item. Ive missed the postman before, and granted they do attempt to deliver the parcel, but this time i never even got a card to say id missed the postman.

Has anyone been in this situation before. They returned my item without even attempting to deliver it, and now i have to pay postage AGAIN to get it delivered. Can i get refunded from an post for the cst of resending.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not really a whole lot you can do about it. An post will have a record (probably) to say that notice was given and you never turned up to collect the parcel. If you get a lot of junk mail, it's likely that the notice was thrown in the bin as I've nearly done that a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Thanks for the response. We dont get that much junk so it definatly didnt get thrown out.

Just had an update from the seller. Package said Not known at this address, so it looks like the postman cant read addresses. Going to ask the seller to take pictures of the package and send in a complaint to An Post. Any one know what they are like to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

wobbles wrote: »
    Any one know what they are like to deal with?

I would say you are wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

wobbles wrote: »
    Can i get refunded from an post for the cst of resending.
    Isn't it the sender who has to make any claim for a refund as it was him using the service not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

penexpers wrote: »
    I would say you are wasting your time.

This
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    Isn't it the sender who has to make any claim for a refund as it was him using the service not you.

And this.

Waste of time, but you could complain if you want to. An Post will not pay you anything. The seller will not be able to claim either, as nothing has been lost.

The only thing you can do is see if An Post have an attempted delivery record. If it's not recorded delivery, then they won't have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Why not try and ask the postman yourself about it?
    It could be the seller hand wrote the address and postman couldn't read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Good luck with complaining to An Post - I've had reason to complain before (post going missing, being opened, being sent to wrong estates etc etc etc) and I got no where.

You have to remember who you’re dealing with, they just dont give a sh1t.

Agree - you'll get nowhere with them. They watch each others backs and no admission of culpability will be made, even when they are clearly in the wrong, based on personal experience.

It might be worth complaining to Comreg. I doubt it will do anything for your particular case, but every indictment against them is added to the stats, so if enough people complain...

For the last year or so, I've relentlessly pursued complaints with large companies and semi-state bodies using all available avenues. It takes far too much time, sometimes costs money, and doesn't always provide a result, but I feel compelled to bring them to account. The usual practice is to stonewall you until you go away, and it must work a lot of the time, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Advertisement