Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for charger for Leisure battery

Options
  • 15-01-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

My camper is a 70 original from us so leisure setup in 110v and wiring is looking very bad i places

I have wired up a complete new circuit getting charged through a relay from the altenator

I want to get a charger for it also that will charge when i'm hooked up. my (70's fridge is very thirsty) I suppose what i'm looking for is a basic old style charger that will charge when plugged in and stop when not.

My current battery charger needs a abutton pressed to start charging

The old 110v ziggy is still in the bus is that of any use?

Any suggestions of what to use?

Thanks
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If the wiring is shot then it's best to replace it, if you want to keep the fridge then Maplin do 220 to 110 V transformer that you could wire into the consumer unit, I've done it to my Jap import which is 100V and it runs the fridge and Zig but you have to work out the VA rating.... go with the 300Va that's more than enough for the fridge.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13358

You could also run the Zig off it but in France I ran the fridge and charged the battery the zig did get hot - think they always do. I only ever left it on when I was there and not at night. To be on the safe side I'd put in a 220V zig.

Advertisement