Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help on dimensions

• 15-01-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me on getting the visual dimensions on a Hyundai Santa Fe?

I cant find visual ones anywhere and i need to get them like the way the Pajero has it done http://www.newpajero.com/downloads/default/specs/pajero_specs.pdf

have to fit a special seat in the passenger rear so i need to find the size of the opening when the door is open, and every hyundai garage in Ireland have no information on it.

if anyone can help i would be very grateful

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try contacting Motability Ireland,

also check that the 60:40 split suits you, can't remember which side the small one is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

dumb question, but was is the 60 40 split?

cheers for the update ill bell them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

When the the back seat is dropped to allow loads in the back of the car

you can either drop less that half the seat or more than half.

makes it more flexible on awkward loads and still getting a passenger in the back seat.

yea where putting the new seat in the 40 side just wanted to see the dimensions and its so hard getting hold of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you tried going down to a dealer with a measuring tape and ask to take your own measurements? Carzone has loads of Santa Fés listed, there's bound to be one nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Contacting a company that actually does the conversions is the best way. they know where to measure and will know of any pitfalls with a particular car.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Have you tried going down to a dealer with a measuring tape and ask to take your own measurements? Carzone has loads of Santa Fés listed, there's bound to be one nearby.

yea obviously i have but no matter how long i spend i am never going to get the exact dimensions of it right,im just annoyed that loads of other companies have it in their brochure but hyundai dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

bungler wrote: »
    yea obviously i have but no matter how long i spend i am never going to get the exact dimensions of it right,im just annoyed that loads of other companies have it in their brochure but hyundai dont

I don't think you'll find the info you need from any brochure. If you look at the Pajero specs you'll see there a no door dimensions only dimensions to indicate expected leg room and head room.

For example the legroom for the 5 door mid-seat is shown as 820 mm, but it is impossible to see what datum it should be measured from.. is it the middle of the seat squb, the wheel arch, some point on the rear floor pan? Nor can you determine size of the opening.

Only formal technical data will show you the info you need. I doubt even a body repair shop would have anything useful but you could try if the previous posters suggestions go nowhere.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Advertisement