Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve my crap site

Options
  • 15-01-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there, I have some basic html and css knowledge but little else.

I registered my site at www.daftrevolution.com and I used the tool provided by the webhost(digiweb) which is called site studio and which i find easy to use but very restrictive.

I have a couple of queries

a) what is the best web design software I can get my hands on for free? (I want my site to be able to do more stuff, and to be present info how I want it displayed, not from a pre-built set of templates). I also want more dynamic material up there, maybe forums, place to upload video content, leave feedback etc etc.

b) if i do design a new site can someone tell me how i replace the older one. Do I simply delete all the current files and overwrite it using ftp? I'm not sure how this process works. Also if I do go with a new web design tool (do some of them require me to pay extra to modify my registered sitename, I think wordpress do - anyway i don't want wordpress as it presents the same problems as sitestudio, easy to use but select from pre-built set of templates)

thanks

Advertisement